Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chainstay protection?

Options
  • 17-08-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi,I have a new bike on the way and am on the lookout for a good chainstay protector and something for possible cable rub,theres a lot of stuff on the market but has anyone here used any particular type/brand and have been happy with,ie tried and tested,I had a BBB chainstay protector on my last carbon bike and the edges curled up after a time,it still did the job but had to be cable tied on,might try some of that helicopter tape on the top and downtube as well.has anyone done that to their frames?.cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I used car bumper 'stone chip protection' film on mine. Its clear and more importantly completely invisible (and hasn't curled at the edges in the 10 months that its been on the bike)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

CJC999 wrote: »
    I used car bumper 'stone chip protection' film on mine. Its clear and more importantly completely invisible (and hasn't curled at the edges in the 10 months that its been on the bike)

Thanks.never heard if that before.will have a google on it.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

CJC999 wrote: »

Thanks.never heard if that before.will have a google on it.cheers

Advertisement