Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AulBiddy's Study/Procrastination Log 2015

Options
  • 17-08-2014 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hello! Ive decided to start this log because I need somewhere to motivate myself throughout the year and to set goals and targets. I'm going into 6th year in a week and I'm expecting a stressful year and me and stress = disaster zone :pac: . Hopefully I'll cope!
    The subjects I do are:
    English (H)
    Maths (H) (could possibly be heading to OL but I'm going to wait until mock results.)
    Irish (H)
    Biology (H)
    Chemistry (H)
    History (H)
    French (H)

As for college, my number one choice is to do Biomedical Science in DIT! I have my heart set on biomedical science, I'm hoping that possibly after I have finished my degree to work in a hospital laboratory or for a pharma company. I wanted originally to be a nurse and I would honestly love to but I don't think I would have the patience that nurses have! Failing to get into DIT I'll be applying to UCC and NUIG.

I'm aiming for over 500 points. My course in DIT is 495 so my goal may change after tomorrow! (Unfortunately)

Anyways, I'll be posting here soon enough , just setting this up seeing as I have the time to write this big introduction haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

My course has gone up by 5 points... Oh dear, definitely means I need to be in the 500 range and higher!!

I should really finish rewiring my chemistry copy. Have lots of notes mixed up between questions and it's irking me how messy the copy is.

Rewrote three pages. Rewarded myself with a Muller corner.... and fell asleep for three hours. :/

Well this is going great (!) Should probably do my homework instead of lying around and being lazy.

Actually got a fair bit done :) studied a sraithpictuir and rewrote it and did my other homework. Tomorrow I hope to get another few pages of my chemistry copy rewritten and move on to sraithpictiuir a do :) this year I'm actually going to do learning work when it's given to me, I've a bad habit of just skipping it! I'll be fairly proud if I'm able to keep that up. Slowly getting back into it. I should probably try to be more positive I'm very negative about this log :P absolutely wrecked today, had a quick nap earlier, I wouldn't be able to work properly otherwise. Don't know what way I'll be after a full day tomorrow! I'm going to have to work a nap time into my study timetable, I'm just not an afternoon person. I wish we had siesta like in Spain. :)

• Advertisement

Got my homework done, learned a sraithpictuir, rewrote an Irish essay and rewrote a few more pages of my chemistry copy . Tomorrow another sraithpictuir, some French vocab, finish rewriting essay and more chemistry. :)

Did a sraithpictuir, I was so tired today so I didn't do much else... I've been so wrecked since going back to school, can't sleep at night and can't get out of bed in the morning... had an Irish oral thingy today and I had every thing prepared and basically my entire Irish vocabulary tried to come out of my mouth all at once . I hate looking like a stuttering idiot in front of a teacher, they must think I'm really stupid. On the upside this year I have the option of doing study instead of PE. :)

Plans for tonight:
    Finish history q
    Do French q
    Learn French vocab
    Go over Irish briathar saor aimsir caite
    Start biology hw
    Sraithpictuir 4
    Do maths q

Will update later just about to start.

All finished didn't start the French q but I did some vocabulary about school for the Journal intime :) Friday tomorrow, hopefully I can catch up on some sleep

Well yesterday was a nice day of doing nothing! Back to work today though..
    Eng q
    Irish Go over all sraithpictuir, test Monday.
    Maths Attempt homework questions use the examples
    History do notes and comp q
    French Journal Intime rewrite vocabulary and learn
    Chemistry finish q go over new chapter, rewrite more of copy
    Biology do notes, colour in diagrams and learn definitions.

OK. I can do this. I have 2 hours, then a small break...

• Advertisement

Eng. Q - half finished
    Maths - couldnt attempt last ones because stupid :(
    Irish - not touched
    History - finished
    Chem - finished
    French - not started
    Bbiology - not started
    Oh.... :(

Everything finished today thank god, studied for my sraithpictuir test tomorrow. Absolutely shxtting it I HATE oral work, it's like my brain goes on complete and utter overload and I sit there "eh..." while my brain tries to unscramble itself. I've tried a lot harder to get them well learned this year. Why brain, whyyyyyy?

She gave me the sraithpictuir I didn't completely know, THE ONLY ONE. Also sounding like a twit because I've a blocked nose. and my phone won't charge. and so much other stuff that is just ANNOYING ME
    /rant

I got nothing extra done today due to other trivial annoyances. GAHhhhHHHHHHHH!!!

Feeling less Moody than yesterday! thank God haha got a lot done today so I'm a lot happier. double study tomorrow will be productive hopefully. can't wait to go asleep. I hate sixth year :)

After a small hiatus I am back posting here! I have started a bullet journal which is essentially like a school journal but easier to use and you can write down other tasks that need doing. If you're wondering what it is head on over to YouTube and type in bullet journal. :)
    I'm being productive today. I'm learning my Sraithpictuir for yet another oral on Monday and I'm doing some french vocabulary en ce moment ;) I've been at this for about 6 hours now. Saturdays are study days and Friday is my day off. I don't want to burn out too soon.

Studied a lot for my oral tomorrow. If I get better than last time (50/80 marks) I'll be so happy. I've learned all my prepositions and all so hopefully it will come to me tomorrow!

After all this sraith craic I'll be able to start writing out notes in my spare time. Yay! :)

Also, I find getting handouts in school and organizing them into a folder is almost therapeutic, being organized feels so nice... Considering I've been really disorganized for 4 out of the 6 years I was in school :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Magnate

AulBiddy wrote: »
    Also, I find getting handouts in school and organizing them into a folder is almost therapeutic, being organized feels so nice... Considering I've been really disorganized for 4 out of the 6 years I was in school :P

Haha I know the feeling! ;)

My fingers are in bits from biting them, I have them in bandages atm and its a bxstard to write with.

Damn you English essays.

I need to start studying during the week. I know the LC isn't for ages but the mocks is only around the corner. I'm considering getting some of my work done on Fridays now (no more days off for Yvonne) so I can study more at the weekends .

:)

ffffffffffssssssssssssssssssssssssss MOTIVATION PLS

• Advertisement

Jesus, long time no see lads. I decided to completely leave studying until after the mid-term - i missed a good few days of school and I had a lot of catching up to do over mid term (ecen worse I was sick for mid term after a night out!) But I've nearly caught up on everything and now its time to take things seriously
    Ive written out goals for the next 7 weeks until Christmas . of course, all in pink and purple pen in hope of motivating me. :P

Got lots done today! All my work for monday done, and I wrote out 18 chapters worth of biology definitions. Handy for revision and exam papers so I don't have to go rooting through the book. More will be done tomorrow.

Got 2 things back today, 88% on a history question and 84% on a maths question... things are starting to look up... :)

I'm putting this video here for when i'm down. Makes me laugh so much :pac:

Writing out my Christmas revision plan, it physically hurts. :(

Work I did today:
    French Oral work written out
    All q to do with the circle in project maths
    French listening 2011
    3/4 History essay done

:)

Chem definitions wrote
    Chem q done
    Maths q done
    Might do a listening French
    English work

I bought a little diary for myself in Dealz so I've been tracking my progress in that. Its really handy and satisfying to see the work being done every day. Ive been organising my notes and going over lots... I've started a studyblr too so I'm trying to motivate myself to the max... 😎

I need a good kick up the arse with my maths and irish, i keep shying away from the subjects that i'm not good at when they're the main ones i need to focus on! Esp maths :( It's not worth dropping down to OL when the mark for a D3 in HL is 75 points and an A1 in OL is 60 and it's not guaranteed that you will even get an A1.
    But Irish seriously needs a bit of cop on. Why was I so unorganized last year? I did all my notes higgeldy piggeldy and never wrote them out again. :mad::mad:
    Safe to say that I will be looking at the mock spoilers for Irish and Maths. After the Mocks it will be all systems go with organization with maths and irish and actually teaching myself to do things. Also I should really look for help from my maths teacher more often because every time she asks I go all red and say I'm fine because I'm embarrassed that I don't understand what is going on. I got some help yesterday but only because she could see I was struggling and not because i asked for it.

Ugggh cop on me *slaps self* :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement