Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Law with ...

Options
  • 17-08-2014 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

When filling out my CAO, I couldn't enter anything beyond DN600, meaning I chose pure law where I would have rather chosen law and politics. At the time I figured I'd have to choose politics at the start of the year, but I've since found out others had no problem choosing another 'law with' course.

Is it too late to get law with politics for this year? Could I change? How would I do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Provided you got enough points for the course you want (i.e. You can only move across or down points wise, never up) then you could do an internal transfer provided there is space available. Take a week or two in your course, then make inquires with your course co-ordinator and the co-ordinator of the course you want to move to. They can best advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭Raspberry Fileds

alexor95 wrote: »
    When filling out my CAO, I couldn't enter anything beyond DN600, meaning I chose pure law where I would have rather chosen law and politics. At the time I figured I'd have to choose politics at the start of the year, but I've since found out others had no problem choosing another 'law with' course.

Is it too late to get law with politics for this year? Could I change? How would I do it?

Are you sure that it's not a single-entry course? My understanding was that all had been incorporated into DN600.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Phyrexian

I don't think Law's single entry (maybe it's changed since I started) - but I see no problem (in theory at least) in asking if you can switch course - particularly true as Law and Law with Politics are hardly worlds away from each other as courses. I remember being told that someone in 2010 went from Law with Politics to Pure Law (wow that's a long time ago).

I agree on waiting for a few weeks though and also go to a few politics lectures before you switch course.

Advertisement