Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy s5 charging.

Options
  • 17-08-2014 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭

Is it worth while getting a USB 3 cable to charge my phone. Does it make any difference ? In not too happy with the battery life.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

It'd certainly be easier to connect a USB 3 cable. Trying to get a USB 2 micro cable in is even more of a pain than ever, if that was possible to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

usb 3 cable will give faster charger from a PC (not from a mac unfortunately).
    but, there is no speed difference if connected to the charger.

To take advantage of faster charging from a PC, you'll need to bring up the usb3 options in notifications and enable usb3.
    You can use this app to monitor the charging current -
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.abmantis.galaxychargingcurrent.free&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Where was that, may pick up couple of them.

• Advertisement

That would be a pretty good Bargain Alert, Argos are charging €20 for them. Dealz in Nutgrove didn't have any today and all their cables were own-brand

Blanchanrdstown! The horrors. Not sure I can afford the time off work to get in and out of the place...

Well, there are none in dundrum or stillorgan either. In fact, I haven't found a single shop out any kind anywhere that sells them, at any price.

If I were you I'd go back and clear them out, resell them. It's deals Blanchardstown or Amazon, it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I got 2 in Portlaoise Dealz yesterday. All sorts of other Belkin cables too, all €1.49.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

BigCon wrote: »
    I got 2 in Portlaoise Dealz yesterday. All sorts of other Belkin cables too, all €1.49.

Have just been to blanch. Got 2 cables for €1.49 each. Great value and much easier to fit into the phone. 1.8 m long. Lots left and lots of other cables and connectors also all €1.49😨😨

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

+1

I got fed up opening the charging cover and fiddling with the usb cable.

I bought an S-View wireless charging case for the phone and am using a Nokia charging plate from my old Lumia with it. Works great.

Advertisement