Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture in UCC

Options
  • 17-08-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Strongly considering this course for next year but I'm worried as I have no experiece in Tech Graph. The subject was only introduced into my school last year so I never got the chance to take part. Would this put me at a disadvantage? Do most other architecture students do tech graph in their LC? Are these skills taught from scratch or would I be required to have prior knowledge?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mayrocks7

Hi, some people in my coarse did tech graph (including me) but there are some that didnt some didnt even do art, but yes it is helpful but you dont need to do it for the leaving cert.
    though i found it a little helpful because I knew how to draw basic lines and how to use the requirements and such but you dont need to, they will teach you in college! thats what you do in 1st year learn how to draw use requirements and get use to architecture life.

my advice is dont do tech graph if you dont want to,
    do the subjects that you like and will get you the points. actually tech graph is a pretty hard subject if your mind is not used to visualizing shapes.

goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭PaperArchitect

Hey,

If you haven't started now, I wouldn't bother. It's useful but far from vital. Studying Art is far more important.

Oh and don't limit yourself to studying in the one college. Make sure to consider all of the Irish Unis, especially UCD and DIT, good luck.

Advertisement