Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Academic Scholarships

Options
  • 17-08-2014 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I'm after doing quite well in the leaving cert and was wondering what different types of academic scholarships if any are available in UCC, UCD and RCSI.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 teach432

I know in UCC, there are entrance scholarships. Most incoming first years with 580+ (ish) are in with a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

In UCD, if you get 6 A1s, you get a ton of stuff. It's almost the equivalent of schols in Trinity. I don't know the details, but I think there's free accommodation involved.

In Maynooth, if you get over 500 points, you're guaranteed campus accommodation. (Though it's not paid for or anything.)

In DCU, I'm fairly certain there's a cash prize if you did really well, but I'm not certain.

In Trinity, if you get over ~560 points (it can vary slightly) you get a €150 book voucher for Hodges and Figgis in your first year and another €150 voucher in your second year. (You can buy university books there, but you'd be able to buy a maximum of two a year with the voucher. You're better off not buying the books at all and using the library, or buying them second hand on Amazon. Use the voucher for recreational reading. :) )

Those are the ones I know about. Ireland isn't great for scholarships in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭flump_master

RCSI have one med scholarship and one pharmacy one. You need to qualify for HEAR and have achieved exceptional results in the case of the med one (I assume it's the same for pharmacy)

You can find plenty of details on college scholarships by just googling "scholarship" and the colleges name though :pac:

Advertisement