Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worldwide offline maps - 50 cents in the play store

Options
  • 17-08-2014 2:35pm

I often hear people asking about offline maps, the one below is one I've been using for about a years or more. Its now dropped from 5 eur to 50 cents, or if you want it free, there's also a lite version, but for 50 cents you can't go wrong. Pay once then download as many country files as you wish.

Maps.Me

The map data is based on OpenStreetMap and in this app the map data is updated monthly as far as I'm aware

Download your map over wifi and away you go. No network charges for using it.

Note, this is not a sat nav app

Features (from google play page)

• Offline search. Find everything you need of all the objects available on the map.
    • Bookmarks. Add any place to the bookmarks list. Then find it easily again and again.
    • Export/import of bookmarks. Add bookmarks and tracks from other maps to MAPS.ME. KML/KMZ files are supported.
    • Location sharing. Send a pin of any place on the map via e-mail or sms. Share your current location.
    • Auto-follow mode. When it is on, the map automatically orients itself to the direction you are moving.

Declaration: I have no affiliation except as an OSM contributor

Comments

Advertisement