Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do new pubs/clubs have a type of crowd in mind?

Options
  • 17-08-2014 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

It's weird. Does this just develop naturally? Is it based on the first group to walk through the door and if they're knackers its a knacker pub etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Depends on prices, what the pub used to be called (if its a rebranding..), where it is, do they show sports, music, type of staff in there... how it was advertised, all that kind of stuff

Not really a mystery and it's not finders keepers in regards to knackers showing up first and claiming it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

They toss a coin to decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Music played generally has a big influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭theglobe

I think it happens in pubs more. The crowd just develops. A lot of these pubs wouldnt be doing huge marketing. I understand clubs would decide on their crowd more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Interesting thing alright.

I guess the owner generally would reach out to their own friends first of all.
    Then creating an atmosphere that would be welcoming to some but wouldn't be other people's sort of thing.
    Other things like organising events or themed music nights/drinks promos to attract people with certain tastes too.

I think it is kind of a territorial thing at the end of the day, and whatever crowd ends up taking a liking to the place and showing up up with the most regularity can define it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement