Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding in ormonde hotel kilkenny

Options
  • 16-08-2014 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I was wondering did anyone have or go to a wedding that catered for 200 plus in the ormonde hotel? The room is fab but I only saw it ready for 160 so I would be concerned about how a big wedding is there!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

kk10 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering did anyone have or go to a wedding that catered for 200 plus in the ormonde hotel? The room is fab but I only saw it ready for 160 so I would be concerned about how a big wedding is there!

Thats a great room for a wedding of 200-220. It'll be better than ok.

I take it you havent booked yet, if you have 200 on your invite list be concious of 10-20% refusals (thats probably too harsh a word, replace with "can't go"), that always apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Msrob

I was at one for 220 there was perfect the only thing I didn't like was where they placed the food for afters was near a door way was a bit awkward to get to and see other than that everything else was 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭CinSoots

I ran a photobooth there at a wedding for 215 and it was perfect, fine big room.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

My sister had 220 there for her wedding last year, and there was plenty of room and it was set up really well. Everyone had a good view of the top table and the bar being int he middle of the room was great.

Only thing negative I would say is the wine was very stingy (my sister still doesn't know this though) with most guests only getting one glass, despite them buying a package that included a half bottle.

Other than that though, she was extremely happy with how everything went!

Advertisement