Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i get accepted into a uk college? I'm unclear about this ( going into 6th year

Options
  • 16-08-2014 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

I know you have to write up your personal info and stuff like that but whats the exact procedure?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

I applied for Occupational therapy this year OP so pm if you need help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

oncex wrote: »
    I applied for Occupational therapy this year OP so pm if you need help.

does it affect your cao choice list or not? in terms of choosing 1-10 courses will it count as a 1 spot?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

UCAS and CAO are two completely different systems, in two completely different countries ... :)

UCAS and CAO are two completely different systems, in two completely different countries ... :)

cheers haha just to make sure like,
    How much is the fee and whens the deadline for applying for this years LC students?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

cheers haha just to make sure like,
    How much is the fee and whens the deadline for applying for this years LC students?

The deadline for general courses was around 15th January. For med and veterinary it was 15th october 2014. However, there is something called "Clearing" thats going on now for those who have just completed their leaving cert. With this, all the courses that are left over can be applied for. There is nothing wrong with these courses and are mostly all highly regarded in highly regarded universities. So technically, if someone really wants to do biomedical science and does't get the points for ireland, they can apply for the uk now and may get their course to enter in September 2014. I prefer the UK system tbh, gives everyone more opportunities.

I think the fee was £23 or something...nothing crazy. What course are you looking for? Keep in mind that fees in Scotland are free for us. You choose 5 courses(1 course, in 5 different places)

What course are you looking to do? Start your statement now, and your reference. Its your reference that will get you the course in the end.

oncex wrote: »
    The deadline for general courses was around 15th January. For med and veterinary it was 15th october 2014. However, there is something called "Clearing" thats going on now for those who have just completed their leaving cert. With this, all the courses that are left over can be applied for. There is nothing wrong with these courses and are mostly all highly regarded in highly regarded universities. So technically, if someone really wants to do biomedical science and does't get the points for ireland, they can apply for the uk now and may get their course to enter in September 2014. I prefer the UK system tbh, gives everyone more opportunities.

I think the fee was £23 or something...nothing crazy. What course are you looking for? Keep in mind that fees in Scotland are free for us. You choose 5 courses(1 course, in 5 different places)

What course are you looking to do? Start your statement now, and your reference. Its your reference that will get you the course in the end.

thanks for your informative answer i really appreciate it i actually dont know what i will do yet maybe nursing / physio

Advertisement