Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike+ running app

Options
  • 16-08-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

i use this regulary as it keeps me motivated to run. anyone else using it? my friends dont use it no more and ive nobody to compare my runs to. add me, my username is MarkLFC91

i do 1.5 miles and try better my runs each time. i struggle to get below 11 minutes right now but i will someday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Saint Sonner

Hi Mark I use it and I find it very good when I get in the mood for running. Much cheaper than a garmin watch when you already have the iphone.

It could do with a few other good features though. When in coach mode I would like to be able to apply a pre planned route to a specific distance and then possibly get directions as you run as I am not long in Dublin and don't know the area very well.

For example, I was out for an 8 mile run last night and I finished up doing far longer as I took a few wrong turns! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hi Mark I use it and I find it very good when I get in the mood for running. Much cheaper than a garmin watch when you already have the iphone.

It could do with a few other good features though. When in coach mode I would like to be able to apply a pre planned route to a specific distance and then possibly get directions as you run as I am not long in Dublin and don't know the area very well.

For example, I was out for an 8 mile run last night and I finished up doing far longer as I took a few wrong turns! :o

oh yeah sometimes i end up doing longer than i planned but im good at judging distance so not much :D. 8 mile run..wow! most i done so far was 3 mile lol

I finished up doing 9 mile which is my longest run to date (I would have done anywhere between 3-5 mile regularly up to this point but starting to think about doing the Dublin Marathon so started the Marathon coach thing in the app. It scheduled 4 on Monday; 8 last night, 5 tomorrow and 13 at the weekend - dunno if i'll manage the 13 but hopefully i'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

I have the nike gps watch find good, but has to be connected to the computer every few days to get a gps signal, don't like the way you can't share runs on it. The snap to roads is head wrecking.

ronn wrote: »
    I have the nike gps watch find good, but has to be connected to the computer every few days to get a gps signal, don't like the way you can't share runs on it. The snap to roads is head wrecking.

How much was it?

How do u mean snap to roads is head wrecking? I find it good.

• Advertisement

How much was it?

How do u mean snap to roads is head wrecking? I find it good.

€160 I think, there on the nike website,
    All the places I run have short cuts (pedestrian exits) so when I get to this bit it automatically follows the road around not the way I run,
    I'd rather if I could just upload the actual run the I done,

€160 I think, there on the nike website,
    All the places I run have short cuts (pedestrian exits) so when I get to this bit it automatically follows the road around not the way I run,
    I'd rather if I could just upload the actual run the I done,

Oh right. I dunno of app is different but if I go off road it follows where I've went

Oh right. I dunno of app is different but if I go off road it follows where I've went

Yeah but to upload/share it you have to use the snap to roads bit,??
    If I did an 8k run and wanted to show you my run I have to snap along the roads that if ran,

add me on the app. MarkLFC91

i run about 5 miles a week only..

MarkY91 wrote: »
    add me on the app. MarkLFC91

i run about 5 miles a week only..

Only if the LFC in your name isn't anything to do with Liverpool,
    I'll end up chasing you,
    :-) :-) :-)

• Advertisement

Only if the LFC in your name isn't anything to do with Liverpool,
    I'll end up chasing you,
    :-) :-) :-)

it is indeed :P man utd fan? i hope so ;)

I most certainly am a utd fan, LVG is a legend.
    You be carefull out there, don't want you slipping on the wet roads.
    Slippy G is past it :-)

I most certainly am a utd fan, LVG is a legend.
    You be carefull out there, don't want you slipping on the wet roads.
    Slippy G is past it :-)

i see what you did there :( dick lol. i now have nike+ friends that are active. thanks for the requests guys. it will keep me motivated

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Add me as well please. My username is GerKiely.

Advertisement