Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher or Ordinary maths ?!

Options
  • 16-08-2014 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. So I am going into 6th year now shortly and I am confused as to whether I should stick with honors maths or drop to ordinary level. I did okay in 5th year usually getting around the 50 mark in tests etc , but failed a test on the line. I was on a pilgramage trip the week before the summer exams and thus didn't spend as much time as I would have liked studying for my maths exam. I ended up coming out with 29 per cent and my teacher suggested that I should consider Ordinary level. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ELynch96

I got 33% in my maths summer test last year, got a C1 in honours on Wednesday which I'm happy with so like it is doable just stick to doing exam papers non stop

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

See, it really depends on the time you're willing to commit to the subject.

If maths is your worst subject and you find yourself spending a lot of time on it when you could be improving your grade elsewhere, I suggest dropping down. In sixth year, you'll find yourself resenting the subject a lot, especially if you're generally getting good grades in other subjects and barely passing maths. It's really not worth the points if it means sacrificing too much time for other subjects, in my opinion.

:) Hope that helps.

Advertisement