Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security

Options
  • 16-08-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just purchased an S5, and was wondering of any tips/apps I could download to secure the phone as much as possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

go to settings
    apps
    unknown apps
    make sure it is not ticked to allow installations. Thats the main one

theres also cerebus, and although I dont personally like it, loads swear by last pass
    Get the amazon app from the amazon website * its not on google play. There is a free app every day make sure you read the reviews as most reviewers do actually tell you about the permissions before you install it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭chases0102

Lovely, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭droidman123

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just purchased an S5, and was wondering of any tips/apps I could download to secure the phone as much as possible.

if your ever unfortunate enough to have your phone stolen or lost, go to android device manager and you can make your phone ring, send a message to you home screen, wipe the phone, track the phone etc. I wouldn't recommend installing any task killers on your phone, they tend to interfere with android os. there is a perfectly suitable task killer embedded into the android os which does the job .
    if you stick to the google playstore you should be safe from any virus or malware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

A secure Government/Corporate Personal Tracking Device?! Does one exist?

Advertisement