Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating a Single Subject

Options
  • 16-08-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hello all! :) I won't be repeating the Leaving Cert next year because I received sufficient points for at least one of first two choices. However, on a personal level, I'm disappointed with my Maths result as it's a subject I've always excelled in but due to a lack of application, I failed to perform as well as I know I'm capable of. Because of this, I was considering taking the Maths exam again next year. Is it possible to repeat one subject and if so, how would one go about this? Thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

I also did that with maths this year.. You apply as an external candidate. You can do at home or get grinds.. You apply for it in like the end of January. https://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=ec
    I'm sure to repeat one subject it costed me €115 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

Why would you bother repeating maths if you have sufficient points to get you yours first or second choice ?
    Forget about the leaving cert and enjoy your college life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Mcd2812

Thank you very much for all the information, loveemmaxxxx. I didn't know it was so expensive for one subject!

I know what you mean, angela1711. It's just because I'd like to feel I achieved my potential but at the moment it's only something I'm thinking about. What you say makes a lot of sense. Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

Mcd2812 wrote: »
    Thank you very much for all the information, loveemmaxxxx. I didn't know it was so expensive for one subject!

I know what you mean, angela1711. It's just because I'd like to feel I achieved my potential but at the moment it's only something I'm thinking about. What you say makes a lot of sense. Thanks :)

Ya my parents were like you should have repeated the whole leaving cert in that case. It was worth it though cause I improved my maths grade :)

Advertisement