Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees fees Fees

Options
  • 16-08-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi

Ive just been trying to register my place in a course in UCC for this year, as i have an incomplete 1st year in another college years ago it says i need to pay half of the full cost, im just wondering does anyone one know is it just for the 1st year, as i got the grant etc in my first year before, will i be expected to pay fees in the 2nd and 3rd year in UCC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

You will be expected to pay tuition fees(and registration and capitation) for the time officially attended in your previous course.(eg. say you did physics in CIT for 4 months officially before you withdrew from the course,then you would be liable to pay 4 months fees in UCC for whatever course you choose to do.)

You will not be liable for fees(tuition) beyond half of this year. So you're safe for half of 1st year, 2nd and 3rd year.

As for your grant. That is separate. If you got the full years payments before then you won't be able to get a grant until 2nd and 3rd year(subject to eligibility and income then).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

If you formally deregistered from your course before 31st Jan you'll be liable for 50% tuition fees plus reg/cap. If you waited until after 31st Jan you'll be liable for 100% tuition plus reg/cap.You'll get free tuition fees again when you progress to 2nd year.

If "years ago" is more than 5 years you should qualify for free tuition fees under the 5 year rule.

Advertisement