Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dozens of Hauppauge's for sale on adverts - am I missing something?

Options
  • 16-08-2014 3:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone.
    Long story short... Been looking to record some game footage for a couple of years now but always kept putting it back. You know yourself, looked a current boxes on the market etc etc. Always putting it on the long finger :rolleyes:

But recently I noticed that so many people are selling their Hauppauge boxes on adverts and it has got me thinking... whats the craic?

Are these boxes out of date / something better has come along or what gives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

Hey everyone.
    Long story short... Been looking to record some game footage for a couple of years now but always kept putting it back. You know yourself, looked a current boxes on the market etc etc. Always putting it on the long finger :rolleyes:

But recently I noticed that so many people are selling their Hauppauge boxes on adverts and it has got me thinking... whats the craic?

Are these boxes out of date / something better has come along or what gives?

Probably all got PS4s or XB1s, which don't need a separate piece of recording equipment anymore.
    I know that's why I'm selling mine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Thanks for getting back Killlinator :) I am late to the next generation party :P
    I remember hearing chatter about next-gen consoles having the ability to record a year ago. But never looked into it. In fact I still don't how it works lol.
    I'm in the 'i'll buy the next gen console when their is a game i really want to play' camp you know.

So whats the deal tho? With Ps4 and XB1 you can record various videos? Be it 10 minutes? 20 minutes? full play throughs? etc.
    Man... I actually feel ashamed asking this as I have always been on the fore-front of gaming. I think I am getting old. lol.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There's about 10 devices on the market better than a hauppauge now too, they are last gen when it comes to recording.

I have a hauppauge pvr2 and LOVE my avermedia LGP.

The recording tools on the next gen consoles are good, but they're limited. Not for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

So whats the deal tho? With Ps4 and XB1 you can record various videos? Be it 10 minutes? 20 minutes? full play throughs? etc.
    Man... I actually feel ashamed asking this as I have always been on the fore-front of gaming. I think I am getting old. lol.

I haven't used the feature on PS4 much yet.
    I believe you can stream continuously or record in 15 minute segments at the touch of a button.

Advertisement