Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pool

Options
  • 15-08-2014 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Do students have to pay to use the pool? If so, how much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FatherlyNick

NUIM students go free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

NUIM students go free.

what's the standard of it like? also, what are the opening times like?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭FatherlyNick

Never been there myself. I heard its okay, basically - you get what you pay for.

You can see the times here: nuim.ie/campus-life/student-life-sport/sports/swimming-pool

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

i went in for a look and the picture up on the site is quiet deceptive because it makes it look big... its pretty small compared to other swimming pools... but its free and in a good clean condition so ya cant complain with that i suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/six-school-children-hospitalised-after-swimming-pool-incident-30083047.html

Its generally grand though ;)

but it is a little small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭macgrub

It's small. Around 4 or 5 people (doing lengths) of the pool will fit at one time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ConstantJoe

As others have said, its pretty small. Its nice if you get in at a quiet time. Any more than 4 people at once doing lengths and its packed really. But hey, its free.

I'd recommend giving it a go, and if its not good enough for you, then consider joining the Glenroyal Leisure Club. I've heard good things about their pool and gym. Membership is ~50 euro per month AFAIK, and they stay open till like 10PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DylanBoyle

What is the changing rooms for both the pool and the gym like? do the have cubicles, showers and all the good stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

DylanBoyle wrote: »
    What is the changing rooms for both the pool and the gym like? do the have cubicles, showers and all the good stuff?

Changing room is just regular standard open plan changing rooms for both *gym is nicer

Showers are separate (in enclosed concrete (hard to describe) cubicles ) for the pool and in the gym theres just cubicles to the side with showers in the changing room

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭blackkeyes

Do many people use it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Just one point based on a comment above, you are aware the pool and gym are on opposite sides of the campus to each other?
    Sorry if you do, it just sounded like you thought they were all together.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is small but clean and very useable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 skype919

I go there every Monday & Wednesday morning for 7:30am when it opens. It has strange opening times you'll have to go over there for a timetable but's there's only a few slots available for students to go free. On the above times it's usually only me and 1 or 2 others.... it's a small pool (about 18 metres) but it's nice and warm on those cold mornings. about 6 individual showers of which only about 2 usually work. There are no lockers but you put you're belongings into a basket and can bring that with you into the pool where there's a bench you can place it on in view.... it's below avg in standard but hey... it's FREE!

Advertisement