Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lcvp what colleges accepts this

Options
  • 15-08-2014 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

I'm thinking of taking it up as a subject :) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Aarong9224

All colleges accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Colour Insanity

Remember for LCVP that you need to also be taking other subjects, as outlined, and that you can only get 70 points max from it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭angela1711

Remember for LCVP that you need to also be taking other subjects, as outlined, and that you can only get 70 points max from it. :)

Its pretty easy to get that 70 points tough :) once you put the work in your reports and practice some exam papers you should be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭loveemmaxxxx

So I could use this as a subject and use it for points for access to college :)

angela1711 wrote: »
    Its pretty easy to get that 70 points tough :) once you put the work in your reports and practice some exam papers you should be fine

Can I class this as one of my subjects for points :)

• Advertisement

Also does this mean I could drop geography and take up lcvp for points for college :)

Can I class this as one of my subjects for points :)

Yes you can :) you can take as many subjects as you want and than choose your best six. Is LCVP provided in your school?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,170 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you are doing one of the approved combinations of other subjects and if it is available in your school.

spurious wrote: »
    If you are doing one of the approved combinations of other subjects and if it is available in your school.

Oh yes I forgot about this. Its true you can only do lcvp if your are doing certian subjects.

LCVP students must take a minimum of five Leaving Certificate Subjects
    (at Higher, Ordinary or Foundation Level) including Irish
    • two of the above must be selected from one of the designated Vocational
    Subject Groupings
    • they must study the two Link Modules, namely Preparation for the
    World of Work and Enterprise Education
    • students are required to follow a recognised course in a Modern European
    Language (other than Irish or English).

https://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncca.ie%2Fuploadedfiles%2FJuniorCycleReview%2FLCVPProgrammeStatement.pdf&ei=yHrvU86iI9L07AbF7YH4Bw&usg=AFQjCNGsH80CvXS35wVF6UtN9-5zcGu8yQ&bvm=bv.73231344,d.ZGU

Have a look at the above pdf file. Pages 10-12 explain what are the groups etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

angela1711 wrote: »

It's not that easy. This year 11% of students got a Distinction. It's not exactly common. 49% got a Merit, 31% Pass, 9% Fail.

Yes.
    Also does this mean I could drop geography and take up lcvp for points for college :)

It depends, the max points you can get from LCVP is 70 points for a distinction. That's the same as C1 honours grade. If you can get higher than that in geography you'd be as well to keep on geography. That also is dependent on you getting a distinction which isn't as common as you can see from the stats above.

You must also be doing two subjects from one of the following groups to be eligible to do LCVP:

1. Construction Studies or Engineering or Technical Drawing (any two)
    2. Physics and Construction Studies or Engineering
    3. Agricultural Science and Construction Studies or Engineering
    4. Agricultural Science and Chemistry or Physics or Physics & Chemistry
    (combined)
    5. Home Economics and Agricultural Science or Biology
    6. Home Economics and Art
    7. Accounting or Business or Economics (any two)
    8. Physics and Chemistry
    9. Biology and Chemistry or Physics or Physics & Chemistry (combined)
    SERVICES GROUPINGS
    10. Engineering and Business or Accounting or Economics
    11. Construction Studies and Business or Accounting or Economics
    12. Home Economics and Business or Accounting or Economics
    13. Agricultural Science and Business or Accounting or Economics
    14. Art and Business or Accounting or Economics
    15. Music and Business or Accounting or Economics

• Advertisement
Advertisement