Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bike computer advice needed

Options
  • 15-08-2014 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I’m in the market for a new bike computer as my last one recently well off the bike and got crushed by a car following behind. It was a trek incite 8i www. trekbikes.com/pdf/owners_manuals/06_Incite_6i_8i.pdf) and i was very happy with it. I t had all the usual basic features including pace which I found handy. I’m shopping around for a new bike computer and would ideally like to have a calorie counter on the new machine. If it’s wireless that would be nice but its not a big deal. What is very important though is that I can set the odo of the new computer to reflect my past km clocked up. I was at 9,300km and was looking forward to hitting the 10,000km. Having looked around the obvious choice that ticks most of the boxes is the Cateye Velo 9. However, incredibly it seems you cant enter your old odo data into this computer.

Any recommendations would be great. My price range is up to about €50.
    Thanks lads,
    claxxix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I think someone was selling a Garmin 200 for similar money in the adverts section.

I'd say it will do all you need and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

claxxix wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I’m in the market for a new bike computer as my last one recently well off the bike and got crushed by a car following behind. It was a trek incite 8i www. trekbikes.com/pdf/owners_manuals/06_Incite_6i_8i.pdf) and i was very happy with it. I t had all the usual basic features including pace which I found handy. I’m shopping around for a new bike computer and would ideally like to have a calorie counter on the new machine. If it’s wireless that would be nice but its not a big deal. What is very important though is that I can set the odo of the new computer to reflect my past km clocked up. I was at 9,300km and was looking forward to hitting the 10,000km. Having looked around the obvious choice that ticks most of the boxes is the Cateye Velo 9. However, incredibly it seems you cant enter your old odo data into this computer.

Thanks lads,
    claxxix

On my Cateye (Basic wireless model) it's easy to enter a non-zero value to the odometer. Mind you, this fact would be hard to google, so maybe the Cateye Velo 9 you're thinking about can do the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

I got the cateye strada wireless and could enter my previous odo reading into it. It did cost me around €90 though

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭purple cow

route66 wrote: »
    On my Cateye (Basic wireless model) it's easy to enter a non-zero value to the odometer. Mind you, this fact would be hard to google, so maybe the Cateye Velo 9 you're thinking about can do the same?

Hi Route66,

Can you explain how to enter a non zero value here. I'd really like to do that on mine.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

claxxix wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks lads,
    claxxix

Have a look on Amazon . Co . UK at the sigma sport 16.12 sts/cad, it is wireless and ticks all your boxes also has a cadence function and sensor @ €41 with free delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭claxxix

Thanks for all the ideas lads. Settled on the Bontrager Trip 200 which should satisify all my requirements.

Advertisement