Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roebuck Hall vs Roebuck Castle vs Glenomena

Options
  • 15-08-2014 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi guys, thanks in advance for any replies! I've been trying to find out what the best UCD residences are for first years, but I can't find any new posts here, they're all fairly old! I can't decide between Roebuck Hall, Roebuck Castle, and Glenomena... I'm picking these cos those bedrooms have their own bathrooms :) So I'm wondering which is the best for first years, seeing as where ya live is one of the best parts of student life! Also, are there specific residences for each year or are they all mixed now? I know this was asked a while ago, so sorry for asking again, but I'd kinda like a more updated response :)

Thanks again! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

If you're not looking for catered accommodation then don't pick Roebuck Castle as that is and costs over nine thousand a year. Roebuck halls and Glenomena cost the same and Roebuck is nicer in my opinion. You could be living with any year group and Glenomena tends to have more older students

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lauramarie13

haro124 wrote: »
    If you're not looking for catered accommodation then don't pick Roebuck Castle as that is and costs over nine thousand a year. Roebuck halls and Glenomena cost the same and Roebuck is nicer in my opinion. You could be living with any year group and Glenomena tends to have more older students

Thank you! If you ignore the catering and cost, which is the best out of Roebuck Castle and Roebuck halls?

I dont know tbh, the only difference I know is that Castle has 11 or 12 rooms in each apartment whereas halls only have 6

• Registered Users Posts: 29 oconnell122

Hi guys, thanks in advance for any replies! I've been trying to find out what the best UCD residences are for first years, but I can't find any new posts here, they're all fairly old! I can't decide between Roebuck Hall, Roebuck Castle, and Glenomena... I'm picking these cos those bedrooms have their own bathrooms :) So I'm wondering which is the best for first years, seeing as where ya live is one of the best parts of student life! Also, are there specific residences for each year or are they all mixed now? I know this was asked a while ago, so sorry for asking again, but I'd kinda like a more updated response :)

Thanks again! :)

Wait, so there's only shared bathrooms in merville and belgrove? :/

Wait, so there's only shared bathrooms in merville and belgrove? :/

Yea two in each apartment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 oconnell122

haro124 wrote: »
    Yea two in each apartment

Ok so how many people are in an apartment?

Ok so how many people are in an apartment?
    4 in merville/ new belgrove. One bathroom between 3 in old belgrove

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement