Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Computing In Software Development

• 15-08-2014 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

So just a quick few questions about this course:

1.) Will it teach me how to develop apps?
    2.) Will it teach me how to develop games?

I put this course as my number one CAO choice but after reading about it recently It does not mention anything about games or apps and that kind of worries me because there two of the main reasons I signed up for this course :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Pizarro

From the website "Internet Applications Development, Mobile Programming" Both of those subjects sound like they cover app development. If it's the course I'm thinking of then app development is definitely covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

App development is covered in second year of the course.

In terms of game development it depends on what your definition is. If you are wondering about developing console or 3D games then the answer is no. The course covers development of software programs using a range of programming languages but using these languages it is possible to makes games and projects in first year cover making games like Rock Paper Scissors vs the computer and card games.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

Shine7 wrote: »
    App development is covered in second year of the course.

In terms of game development it depends on what your definition is. If you are wondering about developing console or 3D games then the answer is no. The course covers development of software programs using a range of programming languages but using these languages it is possible to makes games and projects in first year cover making games like Rock Paper Scissors vs the computer and card games.

So In a nutshell I can make "App games" and Pc games? Thats fine with me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement