Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do teachers get sent a letter telling them how their students did?

Options
  • 15-08-2014 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Was just wondering, do teachers get sent a letter telling them who got what grades in their Leaving Cert classes? Or do students need to tell teachers themselves what they got?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Was just wondering, do teachers get sent a letter telling them who got what grades in their Leaving Cert classes? Or do students need to tell teachers themselves what they got?

It probably depends on the school, but in my school the teachers always know exactly what their students got. I'm not quite sure do they get a letter, but they definitely know. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There isn't a letter, but the SEC send a summary sheet with the results for statistical purposes in the school. It has a list of candidate numbers and the grades they achieved opposite the subject code.

It's easy enough work out how your class did.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It depends on the school. There is no official way of doing it. In my school the principal leaves a copy of the results in the staff room on results day and it is left there until maybe the end of the first week back to school. So any teacher that is in results day or in the last few days of the holidays can view them.

They are also put up on our computer system which we can login to from home.

Advertisement