Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Dimension C521

Options
  • 15-08-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,
    I have a Dell Dimension C521 case that has a personally built PC in it, but I would like to update it. I'm wondering is it worth keeping it or should I just get a new case? I'm on the look out for budget high spec simming, for things like Euro Truck Sim 2, FSX and Ship Simulator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

More info? People can't really tell you if you want to upgrade your case or not, your decision. Although it might be a good idea, and if you are looking to upgrade, what's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 IRE505

Well, all I was really wondering would it be worth keeping the case, how good is it at cooling and does the slim lining mean that it is restricted to only some power supplies, GPUs or motherboards and the like. If I were to upgrade to a completely brand new PC the limit would be anywhere to €650, but I'm not ready for one yet, just curious on how much to save up for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I would move to a new bigger case TBH.

Best bet would be to figure out a budget and get a recommendation on a build from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Most Dells are BTX which means the motherboard is on the opposite side of the case than most motherboards (ATX). It looks like the C521 is too.

So you'd be better off getting anew case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 IRE505

Thanks for the help and advice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement