Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing tyres

Options
  • 14-08-2014 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Just wondering what most people race on... for the last few years I've been using Schwalbe Ultremo Zx... but I've gone through 3 tyres this season, two due to normal wear, another just got warped - kind of bulged.

Now I'm thinking I might change tyres... I've had a few people say to me that Ultremo's wear out too quickly but I really like the way they roll and they've pretty decent grip too. I don't really want to compromise on either of those and I don't really mind being a little more puncture prone - I'd rather that than sacrifice performance.

So just wondering what tyres (Continental 4000's, Corsa Evo etc) people use / would recommend for racing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Conti 4000s are a great type alright. I am running Mich Pro 4's and love them. Super feel and grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Once you go Veloflex you will never go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

I like the GP4000S, but have now switched to S-Works Turbo - amazing grip and have been on gravel, sand, cobbles with no punctures. If they're good enough for Tony Martin...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

bcmf wrote: »
    Once you go Veloflex you will never go back!

I'm evidence to the contrary.

I loved then veloflexes - they feel AMAZING and probably are fractionally faster than all but the most exotic and fragile tubs. But they last half as long as GP4000Ss and puncture twice as often. I also didn't find them quite as confidence inspiring in the wet as Contis but that could just be me. Anyway I'm back on GP4000S and am prepared to accept a tiny decrease in performance for a significant increase in peace of mind.

Ultremos are garbage.

Advertisement