Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kerry to cavan

Options
  • 14-08-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

hi guys, my parents are invited to a wedding in the Slieve Russell hotel in Ballyconnell next month. Thing is my dad would not be up for driving tat long distance so they wer tinking bout getting public transport. I have a few questions tat i wud love if you wer able to answer.
    They were tinking of getting a bus from tralee to athlone and then a bus from athlone to cavan.
    is there a bus service from Athlone to cavan or wud they hav to go to Dublin and then on to Cavan.
    When they get to Cavan town, is there a local bus service to go to Ballyconnell. is the slieve russell hotel far from Ballyconnell, proberly need a taxi to get there.
    the mass is on at 1 so i presume they need to go the day before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I would say go to Dublin and then to Cavan..

Check out LEydons for a service on to the Russel..

http://www.leydonscoaches.com/timetable.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Hi Hanwin,

The journey Planner on the bus eireann website should guide you the the best option to get from Kerry to Cavan, After looking myself and the bus seems to be a very long process to get anyone from Kerry to cavan.

The Driving might sound like the last option but driving from Killarney to Cavan town takes about 4 hours(Gospel according to Google),and On a bus it could take 6 or 7 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭Dickie10

if i were u id tahe the train from tralee to dublin then rent a car and drive to baalyconnell, motorway as far carnaross approx halfway of the journey, or else fly into dublin from farranfore and rent a car at the airport, there is supposed to be a train link comin to navan in next 5 years but i doubt it will go any further

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Henwin wrote: »
    hi guys, my parents are invited to a wedding in the Slieve Russell hotel in Ballyconnell next month. Thing is my dad would not be up for driving tat long distance so they wer tinking bout getting public transport. I have a few questions tat i wud love if you wer able to answer.
    They were tinking of getting a bus from tralee to athlone and then a bus from athlone to cavan.
    is there a bus service from Athlone to cavan or wud they hav to go to Dublin and then on to Cavan.
    When they get to Cavan town, is there a local bus service to go to Ballyconnell. is the slieve russell hotel far from Ballyconnell, proberly need a taxi to get there.
    the mass is on at 1 so i presume they need to go the day before.
    Dickie10 wrote: »
    if i were u id tahe the train from tralee to dublin then rent a car and drive to baalyconnell, motorway as far carnaross approx halfway of the journey, or else fly into dublin from farranfore and rent a car at the airport, there is supposed to be a train link comin to navan in next 5 years but i doubt it will go any further

Id say the OP's parents have been to cavan and back already...I wouldn't hold my breath on the train link to navan either.

Advertisement