Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts in UCD: a good decision?

Options
  • 14-08-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

What opportunities are available for people after getting a 1st or a 2.1 in arts in UCD? Do the subjects you have your B.A. matter, or are your future prospects determined more by your grades and extra-curricular activities? I am not talking about job opportunities, as i'm aware that an arts degree alone is not valued by employers. I am wondering if an arts graduate who has performed well consistently and has done various extra-curricular activities (writing for the school newspaper, for example, or getting involved in community service) has a good chance of getting into a masters or H-dip programme after graduation? Or does doing arts put you at a big disadvantage with regards to furthering your education?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I am wondering if an arts graduate who has performed well consistently and has done various extra-curricular activities (writing for the school newspaper, for example, or getting involved in community service) has a good chance of getting into a masters or H-dip programme after graduation?
    It obviously depends on what field the postgraduate course is in, but if it's related to the BA, then sure, why not?

Advertisement