Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc build spec opinions! please!

Options
  • 14-08-2014 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

hey there. looking at getting a pc together and have the current spec lined up. can you give me any recommendations/comments please?

AMD Athlon II 750K 3.4GHz
    Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5
    Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DS2 Motherboard
    Corsair VS450 450W Power Supply
    Arctic Alpine 64 Pro Heatsink

i know the AMD is the less prefereable processor, but it's much cheaper. that spec should run basically any games at fairly high settings, right? i don't play online really, so multiplayer quality isn't a factor for me. is there any point in looking at getting 16gb of ram? i kinda that would be a bit excessive, but not sure. any thoughts welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

(apologies, missed this!)

1. What is your budget? ~500
    2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? games
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? no
    4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? yes, but useless ones
    5. Do you need a monitor? no
    6. Do you need any of these peripherals? no
    7. How can you pay? all
    8. When are you purchasing? nowish
    8. If you need help building it, where are you based? n/a

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

IMO you'd be better off with something like this:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/tDLFmG

This is without a case as you didn't have one in your build, so thought maybe you have one already?

A 270X will definitely outperform a 750 Ti, unless you need/want the Ti for PhysX or other proprietary Nvidia software.

16GB RAM wouldn't be necessary for gaming, only really would come into use if you're maxing the RAM out by rendering HD video and stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

IMO you'd be better off with something like this:

This is without a case as you didn't have one in your build, so thought maybe you have one already?

A 270X will definitely outperform a 750 Ti, unless you need/want the Ti for PhysX or other proprietary Nvidia software.

16GB RAM wouldn't be necessary for gaming, only really would come into use if you're maxing the RAM out by rendering HD video and stuff like that.

thanks for the info. not sure if i have the patience/time to do all the individual parts work though! i'm actually shopping on a customisable site who do the build included in the price. the build that's listed above includes CiT Neptune Black Gaming Case.

would there be much difference in performance with the 270X? it's about €40 more to change to that one. ill stick with 8gb of ram so, only going to be gaming. they're quoting about €500 inc delivery, it sounds likely decent price for all that

Advertisement