Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoods/Parcel Motel rip-off?

Options
  • 14-08-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys.
    Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Recently, I placed an order with Littlewoods. Foolishly, I put down my Parcel Motel address because I knew I'd miss the postie...

So rather than sending everything in the one parcel, littlewoods decided to send a few items in one package (€3.95 for parcel motel fee), 1 item on its own - not sure why as there was plenty of room in the first bag - (another €3.95), and the last item, a blazer, in an unnecessarily wide box that wouldn't fit in the Parcel Motel lockers, so they took it back to their finglas depot to collect (€7 oversized parcel fee plus 2 x tolls, and petrol for a 60 minute round trip, on a sale item costing €12...).

Looking at the way the items were divided up, it just seems like this is an easy way to generate business for parcel motel and cover their costs for offering free returns, and the Helpdesk really didn't seem to care - I should have known the items would be sent in huge boxes, apparently ... Any suggestions? I'm so annoyed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Annoying but not a conspiracy as you could have gotten them free at home or work. More a pain in the bum...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Mikekally wrote: »
    Looking at the way the items were divided up, it just seems like this is an easy way to generate business for parcel motel and cover their costs for offering free returns, and the Helpdesk really didn't seem to care - I should have known the items would be sent in huge boxes, apparently ... Any suggestions? I'm so annoyed!

Its common enough, a lad in work got 4 screws in a 0.5x0.5 Meter box from Amazon.de

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

who exactly do you think ripped you off? Do you think that littlewoods deliberately split the order up into multiple packages and used an oversized package because they seen that you used a parcel motel address?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Littlewoods deliver when they have stuff in stock. Its common for a parcel to arrive, then another one 2 days later.
    Not rip off

Advertisement