Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essay Question - Folkways

Options
  • 14-08-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi All,
    I must do an essay on Irish folkways, why they are unique to Ireland, and how they originated.

Was thinking St. Patricks Day, Halloween, Ceili, do you think that I'm on the right track or does anyone have any opinions?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Sciscitatio

You probly know this, but start your search wide, like use "Celtic folklore", the term Atlantic Heritage may also help. Iw would also check out a few books on the topic. This would be the best starting point I would think, also I did a quick search and found this book: Irish Folk Ways – December 8, 2011 by E. Estyn Evans
    This is not my area of expertise, but essay and research are, so this advice is more general rather than specific.

Advertisement