Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church of Ireland readings

Options
  • 14-08-2014 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Need Help,
    I'm doing a Reading at a church of Ireland Wedding service.
    I was wondering do you say anything at the end of the reading like 'the word of the Lord'
    Don't want to say the wrong thing.
    all help would be appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

mc1010 wrote: »
    Need Help,
    I'm doing a Reading at a church of Ireland Wedding service.
    I was wondering do you say anything at the end of the reading like 'the word of the Lord'
    Don't want to say the wrong thing.
    all help would be appreciated

I know we definitely had it at ours, reader says " this is the word of The Lord" congregation says "thanks be to god". I was overly conscious of the fact that many of our guests and hubby's family weren't familiar with a CofI service, so made sure the order of service was as easy to follow and concise as possible. So it should be printed in the service booklet, I wouldn't be overly worried if you do/don't say it if it's printed or no!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 mc1010

Thanks For your help Fagashlil

Advertisement