Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it a violation to post this?

Options
  • 14-08-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey I would like to post requests for those that are interested in partaking in free tests, programs etc related to nutrition, exercise, injury prevention, physiotherapy etc.

I wont be profiting from this, it is just to have a regular flow of guinea pigs to try new tests, methods etc so that I can improve services to paying clients.

It means I can get more experience faster, and I can try more things, and take my time a bit as I am not conscious of being paid for the time and having 4 other things to do during the time frame. Also quality free info etc for those involved.

Is this a violation of forums however? As I know posting about business related activities can be frowned upon in forums? I cant see why this would be a problem but would appreciate a definate answer so I dont get banned.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

JCPT, it sounds like you are planning to look for people to part take in some market research. What kind of things are you testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JCPT

Not market research, it would be just some kind of incentive for someone to come in (otherwise why would they bother?)... so a nutrition program, injury prevention program etc.. the purpose of it as such is to gain experience with experimental methods. As in I would not want to charge someone for them unless they were at a high enough standard or I was 100% confident with them. Posting in boards is essentially just to find volunteers for this.

Tests could be 4 site, 7 site, 10 site body fat % testing, functional movement screening, range of motion testing etc.

I still have no idea what this is - explain it to me simply. People come to you and then what?

• Advertisement

Apologies.

At the moment I am practicing a 7 site body fat % test. So people come in for 5 mins, have skin fold measurements taken from 7 places, I calculate % of weight that is fat tissue and then so they have a reason to want to come in I devise a free nutrition plan from this measurement and others (height, weight, age, gender etc) that I will take.

Im not really sure if i can explain it more simply than that?
    Basically there is no profit or money changing hands, or market research, it is just me looking for volunteers to gain more experience with a test. Would there be an issue with asking for these volunteers here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,099 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sounds like it would come under Surveys and non-Media Research then.

The correct area to post this is not really my concern.

My concern is posting and then getting banned from the forums. If I can post this question without getting banned, that is all I want to know/care about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

ooops,posted in wrong forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Health & Fitness is where (I guess) you'd want to post this so ask the Mods their first before you do and see what they say.

Scroll down to bottom of page linked and you'll see Mods Names.

• Advertisement

JCPT wrote: »
    The correct area to post this is not really my concern.

My concern is posting and then getting banned from the forums. If I can post this question without getting banned, that is all I want to know/care about.
    If you ask permission from the Mods in the forum you think it belongs in first and they say yes to it, you will not be banned. However if they say no, Surveys & Non media research as posted above by Spear is the only other place to post.

Advertisement