Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Mulching' light-to-push lawnmower rec?

Options
  • 14-08-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hello folks, would you please recommend me a lawnmower that is very light and easy to push and that chops up the grass clippings and dumps them back on the ground as the user goes along? For physical-limitation reasons, I can't push my old petrol mower now or manage to lift and empty the bag. Petrol or electric or whatever doesn't matter. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Almost all new lawnmowers will have these as standard.

Whats your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Immaculata

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    Almost all new lawnmowers will have these as standard.

That's good to know. :)
    Whats your budget?

Less than 500 euro if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Where are you based?

You should get a self propelled push mower (that mulches) within your budget from your local Lawnmower dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Immaculata wrote: »
    That's good to know. :)

Less than 500 euro if possible.

Try get something with a Honda or a Briggs & Stratton engine. You'll get a decent lawnmower with that budget. How big of a lawn are you cutting?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Immaculata

How big of a lawn are you cutting?

About 40' x 30'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

A small self propelled mower seems right for you. Basically when you pull a lever on the handle it drives itself along the lawn and you just have to follow it keeping the lever pulled and the mower pointing the right way.

Advertisement