Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaping @ Electric Picnic

Options
  • 13-08-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of vaping at the Electric Picnic or other music festival, specifically using mods and how security view them?

It's been a few years since I've been to the festival and I smoked back then of course. My current set up is a nemesis & KF lite+ (clones) and that's what I intend bringing. Anyone know if there's any hassle passing through the wristband/security checks with mods? Suppose I'm just wondering how knowledgable they are regarding vape gear and whether they might view a tube mod as "a dangerous item" and attempt to confiscate it. Would it be less hassle to just bring a few ego batteries for the weekend or am I just over thinking things?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

From a previous thread:
    grindle wrote: »
    Yeah, had a couple of moments last year at festivals.
    Security guys are pricks when things are going great - show them something they've not seen before and they react like you're a terrorist. Apparently I was gonna use my mod to cave someone's skull in, no ifs, ands or buts, so I couldn't bring it into the arena.
    A friend slipped it into her bra - can't frisk boobies apparently.

So... Get some boobs and your covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

grindle wrote: »
    So... Get some boobs and your covered.

Boobs.

What a truely wonderful creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

That's ridiculous, some bouncers are just idiots. Queue up again and try getting someone with some common sense. I had no issues last year with a very hefty sigelei 19b made partially of brass, just had it in my hand as I was walking through.

You're probably over thinking things.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭robbie02

no hassles from here, i had a case with my batteries and a mini protank in it and bottle of liquid, they checked and let me through no big deal, ya might get a bit more hassle with a big modded system and you mite lose it so i d suggest bring a small vapourizer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'd say from a security viewpoint you might be better off bringing a few eGo's. No sense bringing valuables with you to a festival and all that

• Advertisement
Advertisement