Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1000gaming build

Options
  • 13-08-2014 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Looking at pc gamer here I'm trying put together my own build. And I haven't a clue. This is the build they have for £1000/€1200
    CPU = intel core i5 4590 (£143)
    Motherboard = gigabyte h97-hd3 (£67)
    Ram = crucial ballistix sport (£60)
    Case= corsair carbide 200 r (£47)
    Storage = sea gate barracuda (£42)
    CPU cooler = zalman LQ310 (£51)
    Graphics card = nvida GeForce gtx 770 (£229)
    Power supply = silver stone strider essential 500w (£34)
    Monitor = viewsonic vx2370Smh (£132)
    Keyboard = ozone strike pro (£84)
    Mouse = shogun bros ballista mk-1 (£45)
    Headset = plantronics gamescom 780 (48)

I reckon I could shave off €200 because don't need headset and can get cheaper mouse keyboard and probably monitor. Would bring it close to the €1000 budget I have to future proof me on a build that could play the witcher when it comes out. Anyone reckon they can do any better for a thousand all peripherals included ? Bar windows

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Looks good, except that the CPU cooler is very unnecessary if you're not going to overclock (which you'd need an Intel K CPU to do anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭brady12

Nice.. I will start buying parts end of week so if ye think it good as it gets

I was talking to some one who trying convince me to change storage to ssd a crucial mx100 they said. And change power to a 600w psu as 500 we too tight. What ye think? Want be sure before go buying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anyone that'd spend nearly 15% of a €1200 budget on keyboard and mouse! :eek:

I have a €20 euro keyboard and €20 euro mouse I've been using for years.

Decent 500w PSU is fine, and the MX100 is a good idea as any build of that budget should have an SSD - it's good to have an SSD for OS and HDD for games/storage at least. The cost of that unnecesary CPU cooler would pay for a 120GB MX100 or Evo.

If you're not set on Nvidia, you can get the R9 280X for less than that and it's a great card on par with the 770.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I know right. I done up an I7 SSD version of this build for less than 1200. The fancy keyboard thing is just not my bag. Mouse with extra buttons I kinda get.

• Advertisement

Anyone that'd spend nearly 15% of a €1200 budget on keyboard and mouse! :eek:

I have a €20 euro keyboard and €20 euro mouse I've been using for years.

Decent 500w PSU is fine, and the MX100 is a good idea as any build of that budget should have an SSD - it's good to have an SSD for OS and HDD for games/storage at least. The cost of that unnecesary CPU cooler would pay for a 120GB MX100 or Evo.

If you're not set on Nvidia, you can get the R9 280X for less than that and it's a great card on par with the 770.

I'm not buying that mouse and keyboard going doing same as you..

I know right. I done up an I7 SSD version of this build for less than 1200. The fancy keyboard thing is just not my bag. Mouse with extra buttons I kinda get.

I hav'nt a clue what I'm doing . Just learning about parts along the way 🙈 all advise greatly appreciated lads. It's going to be fun the day all parts land in door and I go building . I be ****ting it I mess it up

brady12 wrote: »
    I'm not buying that mouse and keyboard going doing same as you..

What was final cost of that other build and where are you buying from?

What was final cost of that other build and where are you buying from?

Which other build ? Not sure . Whatever ye think. Amazon or dabs or where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There's a lot to be said for buying a cheap €50 euro PC on adverts or whatever and taking it apart, putting it back together, working out how stuff works in general.

I got into building PC's about 13 years ago when a friend and I were given a trailer load of old office PC's to mess around with.

• Advertisement

brady12 wrote: »
    I hav'nt a clue what I'm doing . Just learning about parts along the way 🙈 all advise greatly appreciated lads. It's going to be fun the day all parts land in door and I go building . I be ****ting it I mess it up

I had one done up for you but it was using hardwareversand.de for parts. Phone died so lost the build. . That was latest I7 3.6 ghz,SSD 120GB , HDD 1TB, 600w PSU, Asus gtx770, Asus mobo, 8GB ram, better case than 200r, 23 inch IPs monitor. Total 1041. Delivered.

Use Geizhals.de and go through hardwareversand.de

Now you need to be warned their customer service is not as good as say amazon or overclockers. But their prices are better than the rest.

I had one done up for you but it was using hardwareversand.de for parts. Phone died so lost the build. . That was latest I7 3.6 ghz,SSD 120GB , HDD 1TB, 600w PSU, Asus gtx770, Asus mobo, 8GB ram, better case than 200r, 23 inch IPs monitor. Total 1041. Delivered.

It's like this mate . If you think it better bulld I'd go for it.? Just need mouse keyboard and windows with that build presume not included in price?

Get windows on reddit. 15 Euro. Saves 70 euro.

Keyboard I wouldn't get from the German site as they have a different layout.

I'll be back tomo will do up build. As long as I'm not too hungover.

Get windows on reddit. 15 Euro. Saves 70 euro.

Keyboard I wouldn't get from the German site as they have a different layout.

I'll be back tomo will do up build. As long as I'm not too hungover.

Thank you . I'd say iv mouse monitor and keyboard spotted that I want. Cost €190. How I get windows for €15 on reddit?

Amazon too expensive anyway. Whole build costing €1200 if got lot from them. Wanted cap it at a grand. Monitor €150 mouse and keyboard less then €40 so if could a build from €800ish after that I'd be happy.wanted only spend a €1000 really at most

Advertisement