Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibromyalgia and Tireness

Options
  • 13-08-2014 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

So tired and achey recently!
    Has anyone found any supplements or anything that gives them a bit more energy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Have you had your vitamin D levels tested? I have Fibro and after a blood test was told mine were low. I'm taking supplements and it has helped. Not hugely, but it has helped. Vitamin D deficiency is common in Ireland as we get relatively little exposure to sunlight.

I also find that magnesium supplements help with muscle stiffness and sleep. Have you also tried eliminating gluten from your diet? Some people with Fibro find that this really helps.

It's all trial and error. What works for some doesn't work for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pinkie19

I agree with Tropheus, you should have your Vitamin D levels checked.

I know I shouldn't but when my energy levels are very, very low, I drink a can of Monster, it perks me up a little, although it doesn't last very long. If you're sensitive to caffeine, I would not recommend it at all but that's what helps me.

I have tried a lot of different health supplements and there's nothing that I have found that works. I think, because it's a chronic tiredness, there's very little we can do to eliminate the tiredness altogether.

Do you find that sleeping a lot helps at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Yes, sleep definitely helps. Studies have shown that it's the quality of sleep that's an issue with Fibro. Some would argue that sleep disturbance is a root cause.

I try to get 9 hours a night and even at that it's a struggle. It's the fatigue that gets me. I work full time and some days I'm so tired I just don't function. I can deal with pain as a pain killer takes the edge off it. However, it I'm having a bad day with fatigue, there's little or nothing I can do to feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Arataki

My fatigue is terrible right now (blaming my dose of Lyrica being too high for my body to handle) but I have heard a lot of talk about ginseng and vitamin b to help with energy levels. B vitamins was a recommendation made by my GP.

Advertisement