Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MicroSD Card not visible to tablet, works on phone

Options
  • 13-08-2014 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭

Hi. Quick question. I have a 64GB MicroSD card in my phone that works fine. It's a Galaxy S3. The SD Card says Sandisk Ultra Micro XC1. When I put it into my new Lenovo tablet, it does not pick it up. I dont know why. Any thoughts? I want to buy a MicroSD card for the Lenovo, but now I am not sure which one to buy now that a MicroSD card I believe "should" work in the Lenonvo does not. Any thoughts? Is it down to formatting maybe? Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

It's possible that the Lenovo doesn't support microSD cards over 32GB - you would need to check the specs of the tablet to confirm whether or not it supports anything higher than 32GB.

Have you checked that the card reader in the tablet is working with another microSD card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

It supports up to 64gb apparently. I must look for another micro sd to see if it works with that. Thamks for suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Android 4.4.2 does not accept read/right to the SD card like previous versions.
    Check which version of Android you are using on your lenovo.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Also check if it's exfat or fat.
    fat will be read by both but I'm guessing lenovo might not read exfat while samsung will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Ste- wrote: »
    Also check if it's exfat or fat.
    fat will be read by both but I'm guessing lenovo might not read exfat while samsung will.

This is the issue, Samsung will format it in exfat, Lenovo don't pay Microsoft for the licence for exfat

Format it in fat with the Lenovo, any Windows pc will allow you read and backup the data that's on it

• Advertisement
Advertisement