Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry results

Options
  • 13-08-2014 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Just wondering if people were happy with their chemistry results overall? Was it as expected? I'm just asking because I was giving 2 students grinds this year in chemistry and they were disappointed with their mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ciaran511

I got an E at higher level which is of no surprise, but other people in my class were pleasantly surprised with what they got! I was never good at chemistry but I stuck at it and failed so I should have taken the ordinary paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

If you check out how the exam results break down in the Irish Independent you will see how the results fared in comparison with last year's results. A1s in chem were down .2%, A2s were up .2%, Bs were up quite a bit, Cs slightly down. Don't think I'm allowed post the link here but it's the second most read article on independent.ie today.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HelenAnn

Yeah I was pretty certain I got a B1/A2 but I ended up with a B2. There was also a star beside it? The explanation on the back of mine just says 'Assessor's mark used for Written Paper' - what's that supposed to mean I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭robman60

I got a B3. I wasn't expecting much but after the exam I thought I might have a B2 or even B1. It's generally marked hard so happy to get a B anyway. I wasn't counting it for points either.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 loudona

Thanks for your answers guys, must have just been unlucky on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

Thought my result was fair enough, B2, wasn't really expecting any more or less so I am happy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

got a D2 last year. this year I got a C3. obviously not counting it. could care less tbh. as long as i get my course (which i'm pretty sure i will) i'm happy

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

I am very disappointed with my chemistry.
    I got a C1, and I was expecting at least a B2. I am not sure what happened here.

Then I got an A1 in biology and I thought I would get a B3, haha, SEC works in mysterious ways :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LauraaWhelann

Got my first ever A1 in chemistry in the actual leaving :D I did think the paper was nice at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Phte

I got an A1 but was expecting a B1 :confused:

Oh well, I'm not complaining!

• Advertisement
Advertisement