Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary school teacher in England

Options
  • 13-08-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am a Newly qualified primary teacher and am strongly considering moving over to England to teach. I have been using uteach as a means of finding a position. They seem good so far but has anyone used uteach before? Also I am aware that I can complete my hdip in England but do you have to pay for it over there?
    Thank you 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 themurph36

Think you can do it alright if you get a perm/temp position. Its different to here though as far as I know, a girl I knew went over as a NQT last year and had a job for the year. She got her Dip done but had a load of inspection and visits, up to 20 I think.

Also considering going to the UK, so any info/advice is more than welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CisaLarroll

I am also hoping to complete my dip in England. I am moving there in April 2015 and would love to set a job up for Sept 2015. Did you just sign up to uteach? I am looking to join an agency also. Do you know if you have to fly over or interviews with uteach? It's all a bit confusing at the moment so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Lisa

Advertisement