Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Speed on Three network

Options
  • 13-08-2014 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have recently signed up to a two year contract with Three for De new Samsung S5. It is so slow to use the Internet on it. I once timed it taking 3 minutes to just open a picture on Donedeal. I have been in regular contact with 3 and they are putting me through hoops doing different things. I recently downloaded the speedtest app and when I can actually get a result it is around 0.29mbps or 0.43, the best one I got was 3.41but they are mostly 0.something. ... can anybody tell me if this is acceptable? Three is tell me it's fine but I somehow doubt it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Why not talk to them ?
    Seems like a very VERY low speed alright.
    Where are you based ? I'm in dublin and no problems in most places.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Their forum as above is a better place.

Do you get E or H on the status bar at the top of the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Ste- wrote: »
    Why not talk to them ?
    Seems like a very VERY low speed alright.
    Where are you based ? I'm in dublin and no problems in most places.

I had similar issues. They never resolved it so I just moved to Tesco mobile and never had such problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 finlayk

Sometimes I actually get h+ and it's still really bad?
    ED E wrote: »
    Their forum as above is a better place.

Do you get E or H on the status bar at the top of the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 finlayk

We're you on a contract with them?
    I had similar issues. They never resolved it so I just moved to Tesco mobile and never had such problems since.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

To get any sort of good speeds with any provider then you need to be on H+ (3G). E is edge 2G.

If you get speeds of .5 or over , then these speeds are considered fine by 3. Shocking to you and me, but that's how they work.

I think the amount of people that are happy with speeds from 3 are few and far between.

You really should have had a look on boards first OP to see what others thought of 3. I think any good comments are few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭mossie

I've been with 3 for a while now and find their speeds getting worse over the last few months. On the rare occasions I've been in a 4g area it's brilliant but 3g sucks big time.

Advertisement