Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control the media, you control the world

Options
  • 13-08-2014 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Maybe its the cynic in me but i find it odd that USA decides to alter the world media this week by trying to stop ISIS in Iraq. ISIS has been on the rampage for over a year now and they have done nothing. I feel as if they are deflecting attention away from their close allies Israel by keeping them off the glare of the world media and instead focusing on the Yazidis on a mountain.

If they are looking to stop persecution why have they not done anything about Boko Haram? Why are they standing silently by on that? These attacks are timed according to their needs and not becuase they care about the Yazidis. They are deliberately setting out to control what media stories are been aired across the world and what media stories are kept off the air.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Usual outcry by the US. They are now supplying weapons to the Kurds to fight ISIS..and only a few years back they armed the Turks to fight the Kurds..

Madness Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Control the media - control the world?

How is this news?! Also, if your currency is the world reserve as the dollar is - then you control the world hands down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The media exists to sell itself. The likes of the Guardian couldn't care less about people, they just print what they think people want to read. They'd laugh at dead children if they thought it would improve sales.

I'm not read up on ISIS but it could be to do with undermining what the US was purportedly trying to achieve by marching into Iraq in the first place. Again, I'm not too well up on this. Maybe they've decided that the locals aren't up to it. I don't know.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

If the US control the media how did you write that post?

News outlets are mostly concerned with selling news, the US govt has as little influence on them as you do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Warper wrote: »
    Maybe its the cynic in me but i find it odd that USA decides to alter the world media this week by trying to stop ISIS in Iraq. ISIS has been on the rampage for over a year now and they have done nothing. I feel as if they are deflecting attention away from their close allies Israel by keeping them off the glare of the world media and instead focusing on the Yazidis on a mountain.

If they are looking to stop persecution why have they not done anything about Boko Haram? Why are they standing silently by on that? These attacks are timed according to their needs and not becuase they care about the Yazidis. They are deliberately setting out to control what media stories are been aired across the world and what media stories are kept off the air.

it seems you've had a little too much to think ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

Typical tactic by the U.S - deflect! deflect!. I also mentioned on another thread that ive seen a few posts on Twitter from ISIS guys who are claiming they did not massacre 500 Yezidis! They claim they only targeted opposition fighters. Also, a lot of the first hand accounts from the yezidis are claiming that they were given the choice, upon coming face to face with ISSIS, to convert or leave so they werent exactly shooting on sight!. Also, the media spin on this is positively nauseating, once the mention of "Christians" being slaughtered and the whole world is up in arms, whats the difference between an innocent Christian or an innocent Muslim? Plenty it seems....

Meanwhile, Israel are using a ceasefire to let the IDF catch up on Holiday Leave and to offload a boat full of warfare that just came down the suez canal

Typical tactic by the U.S - deflect! deflect!. I also mentioned on another thread that ive seen a few posts on Twitter from ISIS guys who are claiming they did not massacre 500 Yezidis! They claim they only targeted opposition fighters. Also, a lot of the first hand accounts from the yezidis are claiming that they were given the choice, upon coming face to face with ISSIS, to convert or leave so they werent exactly shooting on sight!. Also, the media spin on this is positively nauseating, once the mention of "Christians" being slaughtered and the whole world is up in arms, whats the difference between an innocent Christian or an innocent Muslim? Plenty it seems....

Meanwhile, Israel are using a ceasefire to let the IDF catch up on Holiday Leave and to offload a boat full of warfare that just came down the suez canal

If the US control the media, how do you know all this?

If the US control the media, how do you know all this?

I didnt say they controlled it, I think I implied that they cause things to happen that could detract from one current media interest to another!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Please tell me you're not defending those ISIS scumbags who are forcibly converting people to their ludicrous definition of what Islam is.

Now personally I despise all organised religions but you can't go around forcing people to believe in what you want them to believe in.

P_1 wrote: »
    Please tell me you're not defending those ISIS scumbags who are forcibly converting people to their ludicrous definition of what Islam is.

Now personally I despise all organised religions but you can't go around forcing people to believe in what you want them to believe in.

No! Not at all, Jesus, they're a bunch of sadistic animals I just found it interesting that they are denying the massacre of the 500 Kurds. These guys feast on this kind of media attention, this is where they get their glory and they love the shock value that it brings - I am genuinely curious as to why they would deny it to the extent that I wonder did it happen? Im not actually saying that there is a mass grave of 500 people out there and that ISIS isnt guilty. Again, its early days and all will be revealed im sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Warper wrote: »

If they are looking to stop persecution why have they not done anything about Boko Haram?

While Whiter Shade of Pale wouldn't make my top 10 list of songs or anything, I don't think the US needs to take military action against them.

While Whiter Shade of Pale wouldn't make my top 10 list of songs or anything, I don't think the US needs to take military action against them.

Dunno, there's a line about virgins in it if I remember right.

Advertisement