Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashing an old samsung

Options
  • 13-08-2014 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Folks, I got the IEMI unlocked by the phone provider, now all I keep getting is, "phone Freeze" contact service provider, any ideas, some forums say I need to flash it, but for the life of me I cannot find the software anywhere unless you sign up for €€€ Its an old samsung GT-S5600

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Bang_Bang wrote: »
    Folks, I got the IEMI unlocked by the phone provider, now all I keep getting is, "phone Freeze" contact service provider, any ideas, some forums say I need to flash it, but for the life of me I cannot find the software anywhere unless you sign up for €€€ Its an old samsung GT-S5600

This is not an Android OS device, it has ancient Samsung Touchwiz OS.

It appears it cannot be flashed with Android, having checked on XDA.

You get this Freeze message regardless of what SIM you use?? Like a new network provider??

A Samsung phone gets into freeze status as a result of incorrect unlock code being tried too often, usually.

It is hard locked as a consequence, and needs an unfreeze code.

I would get in touch with whoever provided the unlock code, or entered it, if it was your provider, get onto them for the unfreeze code.

Is it really worth it for this ancient, unupgradable phone??

There are so many really cheap options available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Bang_Bang

This is not an Android OS device, it has ancient Samsung Touchwiz OS.

It appears it cannot be flashed with Android, having checked on XDA.

You get this Freeze message regardless of what SIM you use?? Like a new network provider??

A Samsung phone gets into freeze status as a result of incorrect unlock code being tried too often, usually.

It is hard locked as a consequence, and needs an unfreeze code.

I would get in touch with whoever provided the unlock code, or entered it, if it was your provider, get onto them for the unfreeze code.

Is it really worth it for this ancient, unupgradable phone??

There are so many really cheap options available?

It's for someone old in hospital, so the older the better :)

It's for someone old in hospital, so the older the better :)

OK, but what is it used for??

Just calls and texting?? Or music, internet, video??

Either way, there are cheap options which all would be better than the Samsung from 2009, unless there is a sentimental attachment to it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Bang_Bang

OK, but what is it used for??

Just calls and texting?? Or music, internet, video??

Either way, there are cheap options which all would be better than the Samsung from 2009, unless there is a sentimental attachment to it. :)

It was in my drawer at home, and the texting is good on it, and it's very easy to call persons needed, so I decided that would be easiest. :)

It was in my drawer at home, and the texting is good on it, and it's very easy to call persons needed, so I decided that would be easiest. :)

OK, all the best. I do hope you get the unfreeze code.

• Advertisement
Advertisement