Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help RTA

Options
  • 13-08-2014 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    My wife got hit by a car yesterday at about 5.10 in the evening on portland row just after amien street
    Thankfully she is ok as her helmet saved her life

But the driver got out and started shouting abuse at her saying it was her fault then got in his car and drove off.

If anyone has any info please pm me
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Sorry to hear that OP. Have you contacted the Gardai, were there any other witnesses? There may be cameras facing the accident spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

logik wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that OP. Have you contacted the Gardai, were there any other witnesses? There may be cameras facing the accident spot.

Yea did all that they are looking into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭sjb25

Hope you got his reg no matter who was right or wrong he broke the law leaving the scene of an accident get his reg even from CCTV and let the guards have a little chat with him hope you're wife is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Drove past shortly after, glad to hear she's OK, there seemed to be a number of cyclists on the scene.

As sjb notes the driver left the scene of an accident which is a crime in itself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Zebrano wrote: »
    Hi all
    My wife got hit by a car yesterday at about 5.10 in the evening on portland row just after amien street
    Thankfully she is ok as her helmet saved her life

But the driver got out and started shouting abuse at her saying it was her fault then got in his car and drove off.

If anyone has any info please pm me
    Thanks
    glad that mrs zebrano is okay, poportioning blame & verbally abusing someone you have just hit with car/van is not the way to go, the driver may have been in shock & was a knee jerk reaction, shouldn't have left the scene though. The main thing is that she is alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Drove past shortly after, glad to hear she's OK, there seemed to be a number of cyclists on the scene.

As sjb notes the driver left the scene of an accident which is a crime in itself

I think that the OP needs to make a big deal about this. This has happened to me in the past and the Gardai in Pearse St were disinterested to say the least.

Thanks everyone. She was in shock and didnt really know what was going on and the fella parked well down the street so she didnt get the reg. guard in store street was really helpful so lets hope he comes up with something

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Zebrano wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. She was in shock and didnt really know what was going on and the fella parked well down the street so she didnt get the reg. guard in store street was really helpful so lets hope he comes up with something

There's a centra on the opposite corner and DIT have premises further up so might have some cctv. Its a small stretch where I see a small no of drivers getting really impatient or not indicating/crossig lanes and its a place where the occasional pushy cyclist tries to get ahead at the lights and causes problems for cyclists and drivers.

Best wishes, hopefully some witnesses come forward. I'm normally there around that time but not yesterday

Thanks everone. Garda was really helpful and seemed to be genuinely interested. Lets hope he finds this scumbag. If anyone saw anything or could help in any way please PM me.

Advertisement