Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depression.

Options
  • 13-08-2014 4:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

After all this talk about depression and suicide over the past couple of days, I can't help but think the following:

If you would prefer someone with depression continued to live their life, continued to live with the torment and torture their depression brings them, for the sake of someone else's happiness (i.e their family, or yours), then you're the one being selfish.

If someone wants to end their life then I think they should be allowed to. I would never ask someone to continue to live in "hell" just so I could be happy. It's their life, their body, their mind. If they want to end it then I would support them in their decision.

What are your thoughts on this?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement