Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel Recommendation?

Options
  • 13-08-2014 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Thinking of booking a voucher for my partners birthday, we want to visit Galway city in the Autumn and stay in a nice hotel, not a big posh hotel, just something comfy and trendy (3 or 4 star). Pref a hotel with onsite parking. Can anybody recommend such a hotel? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The Park House ticks all those boxes. I like the newly refurbished House Hotel but I don't remember if they have onsite parking.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

www.thehousehotel.ie would be a little cosier than the big ones like Jury's or Clayton. It's in city centre. Not sure about parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

The Park House ticks all those boxes. I like the newly refurbished House Hotel but I don't remember if they have onsite parking.

'c

Limited parking at the park house so i think they use the high rise behind them for overflow which is not exactly "onsite"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

House Hotel doesnt have onsite parking, the only 3/4 star city centre hotels that have onsite parking are The Western, Park House and Jurys. The rest usually have deals with the many nearby 24hr carparks.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

House Hotel doesnt have onsite parking, the only 3/4 star city centre hotels that have onsite parking are The Western, Park House and Jurys. The rest usually have deals with the many nearby 24hr carparks.

Where does the western have a car park :confused: or have I been blind every time I've been in prospect hill / hidden valley :)

westgolf

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

westgolf wrote: »
    Where does the western have a car park :confused: or have I been blind every time I've been in prospect hill / hidden valley :)

westgolf

It's an underground with an entrance at the very back of the building, first left then left again from the front of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Try the ardilaun hotel or the salthill hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ninak

You can't beat the House Hotel. Really nice decor, great central location. Call them and ask about deals for local car parks. There are a good few car parking places within a stones throw of the hotel. If you can get a deal, sorted. Otherwise the Salthill Hotel in Salthill is good, but you would need to be busing or taxing your way to town from there.

You should try the meyrick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

JillyQ wrote: »

Parking limited and not free, from their website, but it is a fantastic location and building.
    Hotel Meyrick Galway has a small private car park for our guests with limited availability.
    If a space is available, concierge will valet park your car for you. There will be a €5 charge for valet parking applied
    Alternatively we offer discounted car parking at the nearby multi-story Forster Street car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭karen89

Have to say The House Hotel is fab and right beside everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭ronn

The wife brought me to the G hotel for a treat, lovely but a bit ott for me, I would of preferred the b&b across the road it looked lovely,
    Can't remember the name but we went there for food and drinks it was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

ronn wrote: »
    The wife brought me to the G hotel for a treat, lovely but a bit ott for me, I would of preferred the b&b across the road it looked lovely,
    Can't remember the name but we went there for food and drinks it was lovely

The Huntsman - it is nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Harbour Hotel has plenty of parking and is walking distance to town

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

The Park House hotel is in Eyre Square and they are really popular ,they do lovely food as well..

The Galway Bay hotel in Salthill is another popular choice..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

biko wrote: »
    www.thehousehotel.ie would be a little cosier than the big ones like Jury's or Clayton. It's in city centre. Not sure about parking.

Wanted to book a room for two nights, 3 people. The price quoted for room with a double bed + camp bed, no breakfast was €528.00. Pure robbery in this country of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

If so I hoped you booked somewhere else.

Old thread lock. Feel free to start a fresh thread if you want recommendations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement