Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 year old aussie boy posing with severed head in Syria

Options
  • 13-08-2014 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/08/kerry-condemns-syria-decapitation-photo-20148128506719543.html

Seems like the threat of Syria and radical islamists returning from the front line back to Europe is a threat that is not been given sufficient attention.

The above link thankfully does not show the severed head but according to the article one of the boys in the picture shown posed in another photo with his radical islamist father and the severed head of a Syrian soldier.

in the space of just a few years, the world had got a lot more dangerous.

I heard on Sky news a few weeks ago that Tony Blair still believes going to war in Iraq was the right thing to do and the takeover by ISIS is a direct result of not taking action in Syria.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

The article says, the father posed with an assault rifle with his sons, Im sure the people names and places are correct but that assault rifle is clearly a toy, look at the size of it! which seems likely then that the other items (pistol and what looks like the stock of an AK) are also toys, although the stock does look larger (but is at a scale beside a child).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

cerastes wrote: »
    The article says, the father posed with an assault rifle with his sons, Im sure the people names and places are correct but that assault rifle is clearly a toy, look at the size of it! which seems likely then that the other items (pistol and what looks like the stock of an AK) are also toys, although the stock does look larger (but is at a scale beside a child).

the head is probly fake too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

If everyone could just calm down here and stop losing the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

So there is no boy posing with a severed head just some fisher price toy guns.

the head is probly fake too

I dont know, maybe? maybe they are on their way back from a fancy dress party, maybe its too soon but shure didnt one of the royals dress up like stalin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

Heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I dont know, maybe? maybe they are on their way back from a fancy dress party,
    Thats probably it. Fair play to the father for doing such a good job with the paper mache head and the other 3 or 4 from the earlier photo of himself holding one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Thats probably it. Fair play to the father for doing such a good job with the paper mache head and the other 3 or 4 from the earlier photo of himself holding one.

We all get blue peter moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

Anne Boleyn sent in a text complaining that she was there first. And a load of French revolutionaries..someone probably guillotined there post though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hells bells, nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Have a friend from Syria but won't be heading over for a visit anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Unreal, look at the fathers eyes... nutcase.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sure why would they want to return to live amongst the infidels in our horrible western society?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,513 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The more graphic pictures have been already linked to in the Photos that Shook the World thread - I won't post the actual link in here, but the post in the Cool Vids & Pics & Links forum is below. (do NOT follow the links through if you are in anyway squeamish)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91684715&postcount=2978

Might want to do some checking before you rush to dismiss the story.

So there is no boy posing with a severed head just some fisher price toy guns.

Strangely enough, a news website decided not to show pictures of a severed head on their website. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

This is the reality of what islam brings.

I hope the UN or someone can root out these few muslims that are giving islam such a bad image/name.

It cannot be that hard to root out a few muslims, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭chicken foot

old_aussie wrote: »

You would think! Ive my tin foil hat on at the moment but I would be highly suspiscious of this whole set up. The Iraqi army literally handed over their guns and walked away even though they outnumbered IS massively. Interestingly, regarding the whole Kurdish Refugee crisis, ive been following a few IS guys on twitter and they are completely refuting that they massacred 500 kurds and buried women and children alive. They claim their only targets were opposition forces. As a gang who generally wear their kills on their sleeve and love the attention and shock of their actions, why would they do this?. Also, first hand reports from the refugees is that they were told to convert or leave, none of them were killed on sight - strange!!. Is this more propaganda I wonder? Also, the killing of "Christians" apparently means more to the world than the killing of Muslims :/

As for the Aussie guy & the head....well, the mind boggles!! Those poor children!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

20Cent wrote: »
    Have a friend from Syria but won't be heading over for a visit anytime soon.
    yeah i say that about mullingar

blackwhite wrote: »
    The more graphic pictures have been already linked to in the Photos that Shook the World thread - I won't post the actual link in here, but the post in the Cool Vids & Pics & Links forum is below. (do NOT follow the links through if you are in anyway squeamish)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91684715&postcount=2978

Might want to do some checking before you rush to dismiss the story.

Strangely enough, a news website decided not to show pictures of a severed head on their website. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

I never dismissed the story, Im sure it could be accurate, I just noticed straight away that the image from the article is inconsistent with the report that the person had a picture taken holding an assault rifle, if so what else is, maybe it is, maybe it isnt, Im pointing out the M16 lookalike has to be a toy, its tiny.
    I never said the guy is/isnt nuts or wrong or that its untrue.
    old_aussie wrote: »
    This is the reality of what islam brings.

I hope the UN or someone can root out these few muslims that are giving islam such a bad image/name.

wut? you mean like smoke em out of their caves?
    Well that didnt work out too well over the last decade or more
    I dont think thats the UNs job, anyway they seem to turn a blind eye to plenty of other things, either way the are plenty operating on the sidelines egging this on, supplying military hardware, without a concern as to where it will end up or who will be affected by it, children, or turned on the sellers, blowback I think its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop described the severed head photograph as "truly shocking".

"It's a shared issue across Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Europe, in Pakistan, in Great Britain, Canada. There are a number of countries across the globe reporting instances of citizens becoming extremist fighters in the Middle East," Bishop said.

I was watching Al Jazerra this morning and they commented that thousands have left Europe and Asia to join ISIS. A high number particularly have left from Indonesia.

If im not mistaken, they guy that shot dead a few people in a jewish museum in Belgium a few months ago, had recently come back from fighting with ISIS. About 2 weeks ago i read a buletin on Al Jazerra that Norway had been warned of an imminent terrorist attack.

Seem like the threat of muslim terrorist attacks in Europe is higher now than it was just after 911 or during the Iraq war. It seems like there has been a reluctance to address this up to now for fear of being labelled islamaphobic but its complacent to ignore such threats.

• Advertisement

This is reality of what Australian culture leads to.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

He's big 'ands innit?

lightspeed wrote: »
    Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop described the severed head photograph as "truly shocking".

"It's a shared issue across Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Europe, in Pakistan, in Great Britain, Canada. There are a number of countries across the globe reporting instances of citizens becoming extremist fighters in the Middle East," Bishop said.

I was watching Al Jazerra this morning and they commented that thousands have left Europe and Asia to join ISIS. A high number particularly have left from Indonesia.

If im not mistaken, they guy that shot dead a few people in a jewish museum in Belgium a few months ago, had recently come back from fighting with ISIS. About 2 weeks ago i read a buletin on Al Jazerra that Norway had been warned of an imminent terrorist attack.

Seem like the threat of muslim terrorist attacks in Europe is higher now than it was just after 911 or during the Iraq war. It seems like there has been a reluctance to address this up to now for fear of being labelled islamaphobic but its complacent to ignore such threats.
    Addressing it would involve addressing it, that's not Islamophobic and I doubt anyone would call it Islamophobic. Shooting a Brazilian lad in the head over and over because his skin is a bit brown is an example of what can stem from Islamophobia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Stop the world, I want to get off.

Advertisement