Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outrage fatigue

Options
  • 12-08-2014 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

Between water charges, garth brooks, the church, direct provision for asylum seekers, John Bruton, etc I feel Ireland has reached outrage saturation. Have we become a bit addicted to the oul moaning?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,702 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Talk to Joe...

1850 715 815

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

McDermotX wrote: »
    Talk to Joe...

1850 715 815
    Exactly.

Exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭conorhal

At this stage I could give a toss about what happens in Israel or Palestine.

It used to be that if you wanted a good moan you had to lean over a fence, hang around after mass or go to the pub.
    Now thanks to he glory of the internet and with enough coffee, I can be #OUTRAGED! 24/7. It's tiring so i'm off to Ranting and Raving to have a moan about my outrage fatigue.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

some people will moan until they are most moist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

It does get tiresome. As we speak, there is a man on Facebook (I genuinely shít you not) who is 'writing' a hundred page 'manifesto' which promises to blow apart the corruption that lies at the heart of Irish Water, bank bailouts, awarding of contracts and every other story that can be linked to some overarching conspiracy about an elite that is oppressing poor punters like himself.

100 pages of absolute gibberish. I'll skim through it as I have a dark sense of humour, but it's the sort of thing that makes you realise the whole outrage industry is coming to an end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

No!

Got a great dose of it today.

Bus was 15 minutes late which had me standing around like a gobeshíte. But sure what more could you expect from Bus Eireann.

Got absolutely drenched.

Bone dry the second I got inside again.

Tried to pay for something with a euro, except it wasn't a euro, but looks exactly like one -so some bastard ripped me off and I'm left with this POS coin.

And to top it off, after I was gonna settle down into my usual routine, some prick took my regular seat!

I dunno whether to moan or to hit somebody tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Between water charges, garth brooks, the church, direct provision for asylum seekers, John Bruton, etc I feel Ireland has reached outrage saturation. Have we become a bit addicted to the oul moaning?

Garth Brooks ???

Are you taking the mickey?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Oh saturation you say.
    Bunch of moaners.

Well how dare you.

How very dare you (/David Norris)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Exactly.

Exactly.

Go on. Go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Facebook has really exacerbated it. Every little issue is now cause for trembling. Too much sharing of misery. Even if its something I'm genuinely concerned about, facebook isn't the medium for it, most of the time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Well, we do live in IRE-land... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Cribbing and moaning all the live long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

What we moaning about again?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Edna's Dail Circus will be rolling into town again shortly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

It does get tiresome. As we speak, there is a man on Facebook (I genuinely shít you not) ....

Did you start that brackets a bit early? Outrageous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Makes me tremble with rage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm quite apathetic towards most of the big issues that really probably do deserve a healthy dose of rage. I’ve no problem with people raging about Real issues. People airing their distain about the austerity, world conflict, the likes of direct provision for asylum seekers (like you said) and other social issues, I find it almost affirming- as if people really give a damn about the country we live in.

It’s the “outrages of the week” that do my head in. This week radio, TV, social media have got all their knickers in a twist about an article some bint of a journalist wrote about rugby. Last week it was a comment about 1916 by John Bruton. Week before it was probably Garth Brooks. Mary Hearny once said working likes blacks. A posh women talked about names knacker kids have. Some girl only last year blew a guy at Slane Etc etc.

These moot issues then turn into a who can be most disgusted and appalled competition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

ShagNastii wrote: »
    ... Some girl only last year blew a guy at Slane Etc etc.

I had forgotten about her until just not.

Whatever happened to her, did she cause the downfall of western civilisation like the media, womens groups and the Rape Crisis centre predicted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

I had forgotten about her until just not.

Whatever happened to her, did she cause the downfall of western civilisation like the media, womens groups and the Rape Crisis centre predicted?

Probably not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

I had high hopes for her. She made the front of a bunch of newspapers at the time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I watched Megalodon on Monday night on National Geographic and I am outraged that I watched it until the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement