Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin Williams RIP

Options
  • 12-08-2014 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭

Some very sad news this morning about the death of Robin Williams. He was one of the comedy greats. I grew up watching Mork & Mindy. It was one of the first comedy shows I can remember watching and I loved it. Through the years I loved Dead Poets Society and Good Morning Vietnam. Being honest I can't say I really was into everything he did but he always delivered. I think to an extent I got used to him being around and the fact that I wasn't too enthusiastic about some thing was that I felt it wasn't the best he could do. When he was good he was incredibly funny. In hindsight The Crazy Ones was a great show. I enjoyed watching it. It had a few faults but Robin Williams played it perfectly. The show deserved to live on, much like Robin Williams himself. It's a sad thing to lose someone so talented. RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

mork and mindy

nanu nanu

this is apt i think....

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Azwaldo55

This nightmarish scene from The Fisher King (1991) is tragically prophetic.

Williams did not play enough villains but when he did he was a creepy master.

His most disturbing role of all was in One Hour Photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Talented Actor, Brilliant Comedian and he seemed like great company for anyone lucky enough to know him

And he was always entertaining on Talk Shows. In an industry where the 'Few anecdotes, plug the film, come back next time you are promoting something' is the standard, he always gave more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Skid X wrote: »
    Talented Actor, Brilliant Comedian and he seemed like great company for anyone lucky enough to know him

And he was always entertaining on Talk Shows. In an industry where the 'Few anecdotes, plug the film, come back next time you are promoting something' is the standard, he always gave more.

So funny. And so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I have to say I wouldn't have been a great fan of the comic Robin Williams - I really liked him as an actor as in "Dead Poets Society"....

I feel so sorry for him losing his battle with his battle against depression.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/the-truth-about-the-incredible-friendship-of-robin-williams-and-christopher-reeve/story-fn907478-1227022409128

The man who did this can only be admired and his loss will be immense to his loved ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement