Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie question

Options
  • 12-08-2014 12:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14

I have a list of Irish blogs that are dofollow and want to start interacting with them and getting links back. Do I place my website at the end of my comment or is there a plugin so my name goes to it or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I have a list of Irish blogs that are dofollow and want to start interacting with them and getting links back. Do I place my website at the end of my comment or is there a plugin so my name goes to it or what?

When posting your comment there is a form for your name, website etc.. If you include website address in the form then it often becomes a link back to your site..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Be careful doing this if you are thinking of posting a high quantity of low quality links to manipulate your rank. Google's Penguin update penalises link building that it deems unnatural, inorganic and with poor relevance: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Penguin

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

That's perfectly natural to do, even if the great Matt Cutt's himself were to comment or post outside of his own properties it would be the same:

Name = your name
    Email = myemail@email.com
    Website = thebestwebsite.com

Don't try putting an anchor or any type of keyword in the id=name field just use your real name or if your blog is a brand name not related to a keyword factor put that in. I get the feeling of premeditated ranking thoughts :rolleyes: Listen to TRICKY D if you are thinking that, but you don't know how to rank outside the box of propaganda, don't try this on your money site, if that's your intention let me save you money and stop you now because you will fail. Do it naturally provide useful and engaging/questionable/helpful comments.

The fact you know they are do followed is enough of a treat to not spoil the fun, then on the other hand if you don't care about your domain/url do the opposite to what I said if you want to learn in that sense best of luck.

Advertisement