Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iClear 30b woes

Options
  • 11-08-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

This is a "am I missing something obvious" question really.

I've an iClear 30b on a new evic and the performance ranges from brilliant to nothing produced to leaking all over the place and gurgling and back again.

I've disassembled it, put a new head in, dried everything and still the same. Every 3ml fill I lose about 1 and I'm shying from the 'max' line!

I popped an iClear 16 on and it is WAY better. I understand top coils are hotter, but it's consistent and always the same vape. Is the 30b a dud, or a dud product? Or am I missing something? The 510 threading has the air holes and they get fairly obstructed when I screw in the 30b, it has to be loose and rattling to get decent airflow. The iClear 16 is tight on the draw but consistent, and can be tightened on as normal. (I'm NOT over tightening, I'm being cautious)

So the eVic is cool, especially the software and firmware, but man that iClear 30b is such a pain. I'll stick with the 16s. Worth going back to the shop about the 30b, it's 2 weeks old?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

This is a "am I missing something obvious" question really.

I've an iClear 30b on a new evic and the performance ranges from brilliant to nothing produced to leaking all over the place and gurgling and back again.

I've disassembled it, put a new head in, dried everything and still the same. Every 3ml fill I lose about 1 and I'm shying from the 'max' line!

I popped an iClear 16 on and it is WAY better. I understand top coils are hotter, but it's consistent and always the same vape. Is the 30b a dud, or a dud product? Or am I missing something? The 510 threading has the air holes and they get fairly obstructed when I screw in the 30b, it has to be loose and rattling to get decent airflow. The iClear 16 is tight on the draw but consistent, and can be tightened on as normal. (I'm NOT over tightening, I'm being cautious)

So the eVic is cool, especially the software and firmware, but man that iClear 30b is such a pain. I'll stick with the 16s. Worth going back to the shop about the 30b, it's 2 weeks old?

If it's anything like the 30S it's a heap of crap, one came with a VTR, worst clearo ever. Google it and you might find some tips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

rickyjb wrote: »
    If it's anything like the 30S it's a heap of crap, one came with a VTR, worst clearo ever. Google it and you might find some tips.

It's a bottom coil clearo. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that reliability varies far too much with so many different models. I use them for testing juice (because I still have a bunch of heads) but for a staple vape I've given up on clearos altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Thanks guys I figured it was a rubbish product to be honest, but I borrowed a few from friends and they are all the same. Inconsistent, leaky, gurgly, heavy and actually fairly flimsy. I've chucked it out and I'll get something better!

Advertisement