Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a sim unlock code for a phone bought on amazon uk?

Options
  • 11-08-2014 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi I recieved a motorola moto g(brand new and sealed) which I bought on amazon.co.uk today. It is on Vodafone but I have figured that it must be locked to a UK Vodafone sim as when I insert my irish Vodafone sim it says ''Sim network unlock pin''. Now I don't see why the phone should be locked being on Vodafone but how do I find out what pin I need to use the sim? I brought it into the local Vodafone shop and the rep said to bring it up to a shop that unlocks phones,but I have heard that is pretty expensive,does anybody know a cheaper alternative?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Hi I recieved a motorola moto g(brand new and sealed) which I bought on amazon.co.uk today. It is on Vodafone but I have figured that it must be locked to a UK Vodafone sim as when I insert my irish Vodafone sim it says ''Sim network unlock pin''. Now I don't see why the phone should be locked being on Vodafone but how do I find out what pin I need to use the sim? I brought it into the local Vodafone shop and the rep said to bring it up to a shop that unlocks phones,but I have heard that is pretty expensive,does anybody know a cheaper alternative?
    Its locked to Vodafone UK, so it'll only work on that network. Is it the 3g or 4g version? Both can be unlocked on eBay for less than €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

You can unlock it in eBay.co.UK for £1.69 with seller Smngreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Irish_Mafia

Just talked to someone on Vodafone Ireland online and they reckon I should have a pin sim but I can't remember what it was,he also said the phone should not be locked,i should just require my 4 digit sim pin?

Just talked to someone on Vodafone Ireland online and they reckon I should have a pin sim but I can't remember what it was,he also said the phone should not be locked,i should just require my 4 digit sim pin?

Did it say sim free in the description when you were buying it or did it say Vodafone moto g? If its the latter it needs to be unlocked using a code, the vodafone guy is talking about the sim pin,(forget about the sim pin as you'll never need it), you need a network unlock code. EBay is the place to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Irish_Mafia

Yeah I got it unlocked with a code from ebay,thanks for all your help.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got it unlocked with a code from ebay,thanks for all your help.

Good stuff, great phone for the money.

Advertisement